Chapter 26: Fighting the Empress

Heroes

Andy POV

The screen opened to a dark space, devoid of any light and the sound of metal footsteps echoing around. This was it, if he didn't win the Siren would have free reign of his body and they would be able to wipe the floor with his Earth, it was do or die.

Andy: 'Ok, everything ready for a brawl?' he asked internally.

Steve Irwin: 'Combat mode's ready and at your disposal, and I've been binging what series there are on Earth and I've been copying fighting styles.' she replied, 'With any luck, it'll come in handy.'

Andy: 'Thanks Irwin.' he smiled.

Eventually a light appeared on the screen, slowly growing in size, making it obvious that Andy was walking down a hallway with the camera being his view. Soon he exited the hallway into a massive arena at the top of the Siren Base, just above Empress's throne room.

Announcer Siren: "WELCOME ARBITERS AND HIGH RANKERS!!!" she shouted, "YOU JOIN US FOR A VERY SPECIAL OCCASION!! OUR EMPRESS HAS LURED AND CHALLENGED THE HERO OF THIS EARTH, COMMANDER ANDY OTHERWIRSE KNOWN AS THE PATROL SHIP STEVE IRWIN TO A DUEL!!"

A spotlight focused on Andy who winced at the sudden light, he looked around seeing a few high rankers that his humanity had never identified before and a few he recognized like Omitter, Tester, and Purifier; and, in a royal seating area just above the opposition's entrance, were no less than 5 further Arbiters. Andy's riggings shifted in place under the combined gaze of the massive audience, but he kept himself looking calm and confident.

Villains?

Arbiter VI: The Lovers POV

The Arbiters scanned the boy under the spotlight and scrutinized every inch of him, he was relatively strong and very agile but his ship held him back, outdated, slow, and poorly armored with a rushed repair job keeping the superstructure from failing, still the Siren and the Earth she had 'conquered' (heavy emphasis on the quotation marks) knew her as 'the Lovers' for a reason.

Arbiter: Tower XVI: "I know that look on your face sister, what has you endeared to this one?" she asked.

Arbiter: Lovers VI: "Nothing in particular little sister, I just like rooting for the underdog." she replied, simply.

Arbiter: Temprance XIV: "I would suggest not betting all your currency on the losing horse but I suppose it is fun rooting for the littler one." she admitted.

Arbiter: Strength VII: "But he lacks the strength to fight our eldest sister..." she stated.

Arbiter Lovers VI: "We will see little sister." she giggled.

Announcer Siren: "AND HERE COMES THE SIREN OF THE HOUR, OUR BELOVED EMPRESS III!!" she announced.

Said Siren flew into the arena, riggings out in full as she glared down at Andy who glared right back at her.

Villains

Arbiter Empress III POV