20. Persuasive

"Ned Stark requested you in the gardens your grace." 

Sasha turned sharply to the door. 

"He is summoning you and threatening father, I have changed my mind. I dont like Ned Stark." Sasha decided and Cersei chuckled putting the brush down and spinning Sasha to the mirror. She had to find Sandor right now while she looked perfect. 

"Join the club little sister." Cersei remarked resting her chin on Sasha's shoulder, staring back at their reflections. "I'm glad you are here." Cersei admitted. 

"Would you want me to join you, emotional support, back up?" Sasha pondered. 

"Yes, I would like that." Cersei agreed and linked arms with her as they headed to the gardens. Ned clutched his cane tightly when he heard the woman approaching him.  "You're in pain." Cersei remarked looking Ned over. Kill the man and be done with it her mind screamed out. 

"i've had worse, my lady." Ned remarked and Cersei noticed that he didn't call her your grace. She bit back a response. Sasha saw the anger in her eyes. 

"Perhaps it's time to go home." Cersei suggested. "The South doesn't seem to agree with you."

"I know the truth Jon Arryn died for." Ned countered. Sasha's eyes went wide. Cersei let out a slow annoyed breath. 

"Do you, Lord Stark? Is that why you called me here, to pose me riddles?" Cersei sneered.

"Has he done this before?" Ned reached out to her cheek, already bruising.

"Jaime would have killed him." Cersei corrected tilting her head up, to show no weakness. "My brother is worth a thousand of your friend." Sasha nodded in agreement. 

"Your brother Or your lover?" Ned countered. Sasha knew, she had her suspicions, Cersei wasnt surprised that Sasha didnt gasp and try to deny it, instead she looked silently to Cersei. 

"The Targaryens wed brothers and sisters for 300 years to keep bloodlines pure." Cersei reminded him and for a moment he thought she knew. "Jaime and I are more than brother and sister. We shared a womb. We came into this world together. We belong together."

"Thats so romantic." Sasha declared and Cersei chuckled leaning on her sister. 

"My son saw you with him." Ned realized.

" Do you love your children?" Cersei pondered. 

"With all my heart." Ned assured.

"No more than I love mine." Cersei corrected.

"And they are all Jaime's." Ned declared. Sasha swallowed the lump in her throat. Joffrey was cruel, Jaime wasnt cruel. Cersei could be cruel but Joffrey was next level... she had read that people born of incest had started to go mad over time. 

" Thank the Gods." Cersei agreed and Ned was surprised at her admittance. "In the rare event that Robert leaves his whores for long enough to stumble drunk into my bed, I finish him off in other ways. In the morning, he doesn't remember."

"You've always hated him." Ned offered.

"Hated him?" she scoffed. " I worshiped him. Every girl in the Seven Kingdoms dreamed of him, but he was mine by oath. And when I finally saw him on our wedding day in the Sept of Baelor, lean and fierce and black-bearded, it was the happiest moment of my life. Then that night he crawled on top of me, stinking of wine and did what he did, what little he could do, and whispered in my ear, "Lyanna". Cersei seethed. "Your sister was a corpse and I was a living girl and he loved her more than me." Sasha's frown deepened as she gave Cersei's hand a squeeze, letting her know she wasnt alone, she still had Sasha right there if she needed her.