15. 100 Roses

'Good Lord who is that?' Sansa questioned Petyr as the competitors in the tournament rode forward.

'That is ser Gregor Clegane they call him the mountain.' Petyr told her 'the hounds older brother''

Sandor was bored of the capital, he wanted to check on Sasha, wanted to see her and it was like his wish was granted. He saw Loras and hoped that Sasha would be here too. Sandor looked around from his post behind Joffrey.

'And his opponent?' Sansa whispered looking to the very small man in comparison.

'Sir hugh of the veil,' Petyr told her as both opponents came forward bowing before the king 'he was Jon Arryn's squire.'

'Yes yes enough of the bloody pomp,' Robert said 'have at it,' he said leaning lazily back in his chair. Both riders took their places at the opposite end of the jousting arena the horn blew and both men took off their jousting spears pointed at each other's faces.

"I warn you, you wont like the joust my dear." Tywin remarked. "It can be bloody."

"I know I'm more excited to see..." she hoped Cersei and Jaime were here, but she supposed Jaime was competing. She realized she was glad Cersei wasnt here either, wouldnt hide her away.

"The children." Tywin mused nodding to Joffrey.

"Not him." Sasha admitted.

"Lord Tywin," Sandors head snapped around so fast at Tywin's name and then he saw Sasha.

The competitors missed, they turned around to begin again this time however Gregor did not miss. His lance speared Ser Hugh in the throat and he came colliding to the ground. Sansa screamed hiding her face.

Blood spewed from his neck as part of the lance was lodged in his throat he spewed for breath before he breathed his last. Ser gregor stood victorious as ser hugh was carried away.

Sasha froze, she tensed and froze, her eyes wide in horror.

"I told you my love, come on, we will say hello to your siblings and go-" Tywin requested.

"I think I will find Jaime." Sasha offered but her feet wouldnt move. Tywin nodded his hand falling from the small of her back as he turned his attention back to Maester Pycelle.

'Not what you were expecting?' Petyr asked and sansa shook her head.

'has anyone ever told you the story of the mountain and the hound?' He glanced back at sandor. 'a lovely little tale of brotherly love.' Sansa glanced back at Sandor as well but his attention was elsewhere. ''the hound,'' Petyr went on. ''was just a pup six years old maybe Gregor a few years older but he was already getting a bit of a reputation some people said that the boy was just born with a talent for violence. One evening Gregor found his little brother playing with a toy by the fire Gregor's toy. A wooden knight. Gregor never said a word he just grabbed his brother by the scruff of his neck and shoved his face into the burning coals held him there while the boy screamed, and his face melted...' he smirked over at a scared sansa. ''There aren't very many people that know that story.'' He warned.

'I won't tell anyone I promise.' sansa assured him slightly terrified.

'No please don't.' Petyr said 'if the hound so much as heard you mention it I'm afraid all the knights and kings landing would not be able to save you.''

"Sasha."

"Sandor!" Sasha declared hugging him. She pulled away quickly her face blushing as red as her scars. "I'm..."

"You're here." their voices overlapped.

"Yeah." Sasha agreed. "I... wanted to see you." she admitted.