Chapter 42: Infiltration

Location: 5 miles out of the Ex-New Zealand claim in Antarctica

Unit: Forsvarets Spesialkommando (FSK)

Date: 14th March 2023 CE

Sab reclined on the hillside, diligently scanning the facility through his binoculars. His unwavering focus mirrored the countless times he and his unit had observed it before. The intelligence updates they received from the GOU were astonishingly accurate, timed down to the millisecond. He subtly adjusted his mouth cover and leaned in towards one of his soldiers, gently tapping his helmet with his fingers. In a hushed tone, he commanded, "Follow my lead."

He looked to his second in command, as the soldier ran over, "Sir."

Sab put the binoculars down, "Where's Golf unit?"

The soldier shrugged, "They said they were on time half an hour ago."

Suddenly, a group of figures emerged from the crest of a hill, catching the attention of the vigilant FSK soldiers who swiftly aimed their weapons at them. The figures were clad in white garments, cleverly blending into their surroundings with their camouflage attire. However, as they drew nearer, the tension among the FSK soldiers eased, and they began to lower their weapons. Were these the peculiar individuals who had visited their base a few weeks ago? Their clothing bore a striking resemblance.

Sab, sensing the need for confirmation of the GOU's presence, stood up and stepped forward, breaking away from the formation. "Halt," he commanded in English. The figures paused in their tracks as Sab continued, "Identify yourselves and remove your hoods."

The figures exchanged glances before complying, one by one revealing their face masks. To the astonishment of the FSK soldiers, each person wore a skull mask. From behind their backs, they swiftly produced ACR-3 assault rifles, intensifying the gravity of the situation.

The FSK soldiers stood frozen, their blood running cold as the realisation dawned upon them. This wasn't a friendly squadron; it was an unforgiving unit of Oceanic Empire death troopers.

Suddenly, Sab caught sight of a peculiar sphere appearing below his eye line. As he looked down, he witnessed a clenched fist forcefully penetrating his chest. "Faen..." he coughed up blood, realising that it had already punctured one of his lungs. "You."

Sab struggled to turn his head and face his attacker, but he managed to do so, glimpsing a human face on a monstrous figure that stood several inches taller than even him. This monstrous being had a human-like appearance, but its pulsating veins beneath the light clothing gave away its otherworldly nature.

The figure smiled, "Welcome to hell, Major," it taunted, its face contorted in a sinister grin.

Sab felt the fist stretching his torso as it continued to rise inside his body, slowly tearing him apart. With a final cry, he looked around, witnessing his fallen comrades, already overcome by the merciless assault.

Approximately five hundred metres away, Mclaw picked up a distressing message over the radio, "We've been discovered! Move to exfil!"

In response, Mclaw quickly scanned his surroundings as the members of the GOU team swiftly dropped to the ground, seeking cover.

Mclaw kept his gaze fixed on the mountains ahead as he replied, "Copy that, moving to exfil. Ensure everyone gets out of there alive. Over."

Mabasa ran up next to him, a concerned expression on his face. "Sir, we can't just abandon our position."

Mclaw nodded, fully aware of the predicament. "I understand, but if we inform the NZA, they might divert their attention to the search rather than strengthening their defence."