Chapter 6: Fast Rope

Location: New York City, New York, United States of America

Unit: 22nd Special Air Service, British Army

Date: May 1st, 2021 CE

"So they know all our patrol times?" A man in a suit asked, he was an older man with a mix of silver and black hair. The speaker had a short beard which he would ruffle from time to time and was quite buff even in his old age. This man was none other than the newest US President, Lincoln Rodes. He continued to speak in front of the small audience in his office, "I want all patrol times changed from our systems and dummy versions to be put in place. Along with militia base locations changed and anti-personnel mines planted there."

Another man in a suit stuttered, "Claymores, Sir?"

"If we can make them detonate automatically, once they are stepped on, then yes," He moved his hands up to his mouth while still sitting in his sleek leather chair.

"B-but sir," another person paused, "we said we wouldn't use anti personnel mines, right?"

A dark look came over the president's face, "Tell the UN, that we now consider anyone working for the NZA to be a war criminal and can be executed on sight when needed," he paused, before his tone grew even darker, "You don't have a problem with this Prime Minister Halvard?"

A former British army veteran walked forward into the light followed by two members of the Special Air Service, "Not a single problem, we are already in the process of forming a team to carry out operations that will never see the light of day."

The President turned to the other American man, "Tell. The. UN."

He took a step backwards, not sure what to say, before walking out of the new Oval Office. This new office was located on the twentieth floor of an old repurposed government building. It was quite a modest building, with only forty floors. Of course, to the British Prime Minister, this was unheard of in a Government building from somewhere like London.

The room had a dark grey aspect to it but also had tips of gold here and there were the two standard flags always present in the office. At the centre of the room, there was a golden oval that matched the shape of the room. This room suited the current President, Lincoln Rodes, he was a calm man. But when someone pissed him off he would become as vicious as a bear. That's how he was feeling today, he wanted to tear every NZA soldier limb from limb; no matter how they begged none would be spared for what they had done to his beautiful country.

"So Prime Minister, this team... who are they?" The President indicated for the British gentleman to take a seat in the office.

He kindly accepted nodding, "Well, this team are going to be comprised of the world's finest soldiers to ever walk the earth. Soldiers that can act on their own and in a team, currently I have some files from your forces we'd like to pull to assist us. Canadian, Swiss, South-African and Indian governments have already accepted, we are currently in talks with the other nations."

"Why didn't you go through the UN?" The President was confused.

A masked soldier walked forward, "That would be my fault, Mr President."

The American Politician raised his eyebrow, "And who would you be?"

"Oh yes I should have introduced you, Mr President, these two behind me are the first two soldiers in the unit. This one you've already talked to, you do know his callsign but maybe not his name," Prime Minister Halvard said with worry on his face, the President noticed this strange reaction and realised something was wrong, but before he could say anything the British man continued, "This man is 'Reaper-1', Captain Jonathon Mclaw."