Chapter 35: Integration

Location: Port Stanley, East Falkland

Unit: GOU

Date: 27th April 2022 CE

Zeller stepped off the vessel. Carrying a duffel bag over her left shoulder, she watched James pass, "I'm gonna kill him," she brought her fist close to her mouth while looking at the town, "it's cold and windy as fuck, but there is ZERO snow."

Baker tapped her on her shoulder, "We should get to the safe house, I don't wanna be out here for too long in case the people start asking questions."

Zeller nodded as James continued walking down the street. He remembered his conversation with Mclaw, "No, you cannot take the fucking pistol."

James remembered reasoning with him, "I'll keep it concealed!"

Mclaw stared at him, "No," He remembered Mclaw snatching the pistol straight from the palms of his hands and pulling off the slide, "If you want your precious little pistol, you can have a part of it."

Back in the current day, James snarled, pulling the pistol slide from his pocket. Zeller walked up behind him, hitting him over the back of the head, "You good, Runt?"

James stopped turning around, "Runt?"

Zeller smiled, "You heard me," she kept on walking.

James smiled at her, "Shut it, Swiss."

She turned back and stared James down. James was expecting her to strike, then Baker appeared behind her, striking her on the back of the head with a chop, "Stop pissing each other off."

Zeller turned around and sighed, "You're no fun..."

Baker walked behind her, and James followed.

They followed road after road, lugging their bags through the streets. James complained, "He had to pick the house furthest away from the port?"

Baker smiled, "You get used to it."

Baker quickly opened the door and Zeller pounced onto the couch. Feeling underneath it, she noticed a rifle shape. Smiling, she stood up. Looking closer she noticed uneven bits of furniture, shelves with removable bottoms and unbalanced cupboards.

Moving the carpet she saw a removable panel. Pressing it, a keyboard was displayed, and she started to type in code after code, first guessing Loyalist then Reaper, then GOU, then Global.

And the panel slid off as she looked back, "Oi Baker look at this," Baker walked over pulling out a flashlight, "Holy shit, is that a fucking minigun."

James looked over her shoulder, "looks more like a GAU-19 to me." 

Both of them looked at him and frowned, "What?" 

Looking closer, James grabbed his flashlight, "Looks to be quite a few old weapons down here, few L86s, M2 brownings, a shit load of SLRs," he paused focusing on one weapon, "No... it can't be."

He jumped down, "It's a fucking wall of Baker rifles."

Pasted across the wall were thirty extremely old rifles, Baker looked over the ledge, "My rifle's back at the compound, though."

James slapped his forehead, "Zeller, hit him, please."

Baker stepped back, "Don't."

James started to climb back up the ladder, "How the hell did you get in here anyway?"

As James climbed out, Zeller closed the hatch and hit lock as the panel closed over the keyboard, "Mclaw or one of his lackeys decided to set the password as GLOBAL."