15

Warmth surrounds my thigh as his hand wraps around it, Ryan gives me a stern look before speaking low under his breath. "don't make a scene, I will talk to you later okay?" before nodding his head at me for reassurance Ryan stands up from the table and leaves again. In disbelief on how he left, I look across the table at Justin whispering to Oliver.

"is someone going to tell me what's up with Ryan or are we all going to ignore the angry gummi?" Making direct eye contact with Justin, he shrugs "he's been like that apparently since we got here, there is nothing anyone can do when Ryan's upset, he just needs to get off his high horse" Justin takes a bite out of his steak before chuckling. "Justin stop being a douche, also someone else can eat my order i'm leaving" standing up from my chair, I put on my plaid black jacket "you can't leave yet, how are you going to get home?" Sebastian looks at me confused as I grab my purse, "I can walk it's nice out tonight, besides with all the bullshit energy I was fed tonight I'd prefer it"

Pushing the dining chair in I walk out the two glass doors leading out of the restaurant. As I walk in the midnight shine, I think about Justin's mood tonight. He usually isn't a pissy man, considering the fact I did hear he was the smile of NSB. Tonight he was different, more than just pissy like he was upset with someone or about something, I got so lost in my thoughts I didn't even recognize the bright lights coming fast like a train and the loud honks.

"WATCH OUT!" As I close my eyes, preparing for impact I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and knock me to the ground. Opening my eyes slowly, I meet eyes with Ryan, who has crashed landed on top of me. "Are you crazy y/n?! you almost died out there! do you know what I would've done if you were gone? how much that would've hurt m-" Ignoring his sentence I wrap my arms around Ryan and pull him into a strong hug. "thank you." Smiling, I get the familiar scent, safe tone hints of rosemary and that lets me know I'm safe with the person holding me. It takes Ryan pulling us apart for me to realize the amount of time we were hugging and what just happened.

"Are you okay?" Ryan gives me a small gummy smile before picking my bag up from off the ground and handing it to me. "I'll live I think, but if you weren't here I might've been a flat pancake" He laughs, "I saw you leaving the restaurant and decided to follow you, just in case, no weird shit'

"Yeah totally not stalkerish.. not at all" we start walking down the street side by side and Ryan starts telling me about Minnesota, "yeah, the weather change is different, i think i can handle the cold better than the boys that's for sure, I miss my mom and my dogs a lot.. and my friends but we get breaks in between holidays and we get vacations so.."

I smile, watching how happy Ryan gets when talking about Minnesota, he has a certain glow in his eyes. "I wish you could go see them, I've never traveled before so this was the farthest I've ever been from home" Ryan turns and gives me a shocked expression, "what?" He shakes his head in disbelief; as if i told him I'm secretly a vampire or something. "Like not even a small town outside the one you grew up in?"

Shaking my head, I start kicking rocks on the sidewalk as we keep walking. "No, Plano was already enough for me and the whole moving and starting over, having to reintroduce myself to others again just did not sit well with me" Ryan nods, i can't tell if its in agreement or understanding. "So are you going to tell me why you were being such an asshole? Or you going to keep pouting" stopping at a red light, waiting for the countdown to end so we can cross. Ryan sighs before groaning.

"Ungh~ Let's just say a few people are not happy with how close we are becoming, so I'm supposed to distance myself for a while" the ding of the stop light countdown hitting zero is what made me realize the heat coming from my ears. "Who? It's really none of their business! We are friends and that's all anyways" Ryan snarks before starting to walk ahead of me along the horizontal white lines.

"Wait! No come back here! What do you mean 'tsk', " my body feels irregular compared to the chilly air around us, without hesitation Ryan turns around folded his arms around his sculpted chest, "heh, just friends?" His movements become more sedated as he carefully approaches me closer. Heavy-breathes leave my mouth as his toned hand meets my face, delicately tucking a chin-length hair behind my ear and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I don't know about you y/n, but distance might be safe for the both of us" i hear the slight sigh of desperation letting me know he doesn't want this, but without an argument Ryan walks away.