28.

I wake up and immediately my head starts pounding with excruciating pain making me rethink every decision I made last night.

As i throw my hand around searching for my phone it strikes a harder object, a warmer one and one not built like a pillow or phone.

I open my eyes and peer over to what my hand has been resting on and find Regie, sleeping peacefully.

Thankfully he's fully clothed so my panic is less intense but, why didn't he move to his own bed last night?!

I try to regain every moment of last night while attempting to gain my balance standing up. I elaborate every possible situation that could've made Regie stay in my room last night and could only come up with 3.

One, we were both too drunk considering he thought it was smart to drink soju after my bottle of wine was empty.
Two, he comforted me and I fell asleep it could've been too late for him to try to sneak out of my room without people thinking nonsense
Finally three, he just didn't want to leave me alone..

Considering Regie is a nonchalant, asshole who can be respectful.. sometimes we are going to choose option two.

It's by the time I reach my bathroom door an arrogant cough comes out behind me.

"You couldn't even wake me up? Harsh."

Rolling my eyes, which sends a shock of pain through my head, I turn around to face Regie whos now standing up besides my bed.

"To be fair you were sleeping, and quiet.. I prefer you quiet." i smile before rubbing my temple calming some of the pain.

"Yeah? How's the headache sweetheart? I was going to offer to go get some hangover remedies but since I'm much more preferable quiet-"

I shake my head violently. He smirks back snarky.

"Nope actually I love the sound of your voice, it's like music to my ears."

He nods his head towards the door.

"I'll meet you outside then, by the way I have your phone."

"Wait, why do you have my phone?"

He laughs hysterically before realizing the seriousness of my question.

"You really don't remember our conversation last night?"

"Nope. Not a single bit, I've been trying to remember since I've woken up. I've even been trying to figure out why you were sleeping in my bed?"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk" shaking his head he opens my door, "I guess I have a bit of catching up to do."

He leaves without another word.

•        •       •

I surprisingly made it past the front door without being stopped by Justin or anyone else.

A little disappointment fills my stomach though, I really wanted to get stopped by him.

Hopping in the car with Regie, he starts the engine and starts pulling out the driveway.

"Okay let me start with why I was sleeping in your room. It's partly because of the phone thing and because I will not get accused for sleeping with you.. no offense."

"None taken hercules."

He shakes his head as he grips the wheel with his left hand grabbing my phone out of his pocket with his right.

"Last night while you were drunk you started talking.. a lot and not about happy things.. you brought up something about cycles.."

I shake my head closing my eyes as I let the events of last night flood through my head.

"Don't tell me, i told you about home?"

He just nods.

"Something along the lines, cycles are always recurring in my life and you know what I realized recently-"

"Ryans a cycle.. did i really say that?"

Once again he just responds with a simple nod.

"I was serious-"

"You also told me that you would try to say that. "This is the second time we've been separated, I won't keep letting it happen" is the exact words you said and as the night went on.. Ryan texted you so you made me promise not to let you text him back.. simple as that."

I stare at him in disbelief.

"So just because I told you so you won't be giving me my phone back?"

He nods again this time more vigorously.

"How many head nods do you need?"

I shake my head as I realize we are parked in a Target parking lot.

"If you really want it back, you can get it back after we cure our hangovers okay? I personally think you should take a page out of Ryans book and choose yourself.. stay away for a bit."

"And I should take advice from you because?"

"Because believe it or not asshole, I care about you and I believe that Ryan and you might just need this space to realize if you really truly want each other.. he'll come running to your door not your text messages.."

I smile before punching him in the shoulder playfully.

"Now lets go get those remedies."