Prologue - Cessation

(Third Person POV)

"...done... all done..." 

Leaning back into his chair, a young man with messy black hair breathed a heavy sigh as he removed his headphones from his head. He flutters his eyelids, rubbing the leftover tears that were stimulated by the fatigue and radiation.

"The song came out good this time, this could earn a whole lot more than the last one." He slightly smiles for a moment. "...even though it's generic, as what they have wanted... whatever..." Only for his expression to dissipate as he remembers what his work was all about.

He stretched out his arms before exporting the song from his laptop to a flash drive. As the transfer is completed, he then walks across his mess of a room littered with lyrical scores and metal string clippings and grabs his jacket. With the flash drive in hand, he leaves his room and went down the hall of his dimly lit house.

Passing by the living room, he looks over and saw that it was empty as usual, with the only thing present was the lingering smell of booze, ash, and cum.

"...whatever..." He shakes his head in dismissal, not desiring to think about the woman who left the room in such a shit mess.

He decides to leave at once to avoid getting more annoyed. As he got a hold of the doorknob of the front door, it outright separates itself from the hinge and the door swerves open despite him not even turning it.

"That fucking hag. I told her to get this thing fixed." He seethes for an instant but calms down afterward "I'll make this quick... so I can do it today... to end it all..." And with that, he leaves.

...

..

.

"So? What do you think?" 

In a private bar that was located in the inner parts of Tokyo, the young man waited patiently for an answer as he observes a man in a business outfit listening to a song he made through the man's laptop. 

"Do you think it can sell?"

"Sell?" The man in the business suit removes his earphones and expresses a gleeful smile. "This song has the potential to be a hit! You've done it again, █▄█▄▄▄!" He enthusiastically pats █▄█▄▄▄ on the back, despite the young man not really reciprocating the feeling. "Just listening to the opening motif and melody from the intro already got me captured by the rhythm of it all! I can feel all the effort you put-"

"Yeah yeah, I get it." █▄█▄▄▄ waves him off. 

"In that case, let me buy you a drink first before discussing the selling of rights." The man calls out to the bartender. "One margarita and..." He looks to █▄█▄▄▄.

"Scotch Whisky." 

"Coming right up."

As the bartender went on preparing the alcohol for the two men, business went down as usual between the two of them.

"As you already know, the agency is going to buy the rights to your latest song. And of course, we're willing to offer you a generous sum for it Your song perfectly fits the request the agency wanted for the debut song for our up-and-coming idol group, so you can expect that the payment will be doubled" As he finished the sentence, the bartender served them the drinks they ordered. 

"That's good to know."

"On the other hand, with your talent, the agency proposed a job offer for you to become our official lyricist and songwriter. It could be a stepping stone for you if you ever want to become a solo art-"