Chapter 180 - Mayhem/Riot (4)

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that right? Playing family and all is good, but if you've made the vessel, you should definitely use it. There's nothing good about letting it go out of control and gain it's own sentience. This was the advice I gave you, so keep it in mind.", Arbes looked back, saying so.

The child in front of them looked at the two emotionlessly like a doll. There was no sign of emotion on her face, and her eyes were calm and subdued.

Arbeth looked at the child with a pleased face.

"Tools should be tools.", said Arbeth, admonishingly.

Frescan could only bow his head and stay silent, seething in anger.

After making Aine, Frescan didn't try to control Aine much, trying to let her express her own free will. There were plenty of ways to control her if he wanted to, but he didn't have to.

No matter what the method or process in making her had been, Frescan wanted to let her have free will because he truly thought of Aine as his daughter.

Frankly speaking, Aine was not a good daughter. Likewise, Frescan was not a good father. Nevertheless, Frescan was happy with their relationship, no matter how pish-posh it may be.

Although dissatisfied, Aine always followed Frescan's suggestions, and Frescan believed that it would lead to a daughterly affection from Aine.

But such expectations were over now. Frescan, who had been captured by Geniella, the Vampire Queen in the north, was forced to join Predator, and naturally connected to Arbeth, the Arch Lich.

Geniella did not show much interest in Aine at first sight, but the same could not be said for Arbeth. Arbeth saw the potential of Aine from only a glance and was intrigued to no end. He immediately robbed her from Frescan, regardless of consent.

Aine, engraved with the imprint of obedience, became a faithful servant to Arbeth. Frescan could also not show any open hostility or dissatisfaction, as Arbeth could kill him in a second.

"......Hmm?"

Arbeth, who was looking over the team he had with him at the City Square, suddenly froze. He raised his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes.

"Two rats have invaded through the barrier. Kim Jonghyun, you punk. You can't even handle things properly.", Arbeth clicked his tongue, muttering.

The original plan was for Arbeth and Frescan to engrave a magic circle and cast a spell of influence on the city square, and for Kim Jonghyun to create a barrier to isolate them, impeding any distractions and cause panic among the citizens outside the barrier.

But... two rats had stepped inside the barrier.

"Don't tell me... ...is it Kumiho?", Frescan trembled as he spoke.

"Kumiho has left the city. She will need 15 days to get back even if she hears about this now. Even if they find out what happened to the City, she won't be able to return because she's at the pavilion. If Kumiho wants to keep her powers, she has to go to Maeryong on a consistent basis to keep her power as a nine-tailed fox.", Arbeth spoke with conviction.

Kumiho, who ripped the heart out of the former leader of Predator, Henemy, was a monster even Arbeth could not handle.

However, it was impossible to attack her in the pavilion while she was recovering her lost powers because Maeryong Pavilion was a sacred and holy place that had an area of influence deadly for any kind of Lich or undead monster.

"It's a pain in the neck.", Arbeth spoke as he was trying to complete the magic circle that was taking longer than expected to make.

As he said, it would not be a big problem if the intrusion was 'really' a rat, but the intruders were able to break through the barrier Kim Jonghyun had made and Arbeth had enforced, thus making their identities a little suspicious and alarming for Arbeth.