Chapter 155 - Devon (1)

When Wijihoyeon opened his eyes, Lee Sungmin was the first to find her. He was crouching next to her and they just stared at each other wordlessly. He wanted to listen to what she wanted to do first before moving or making further plans. Wijihoyeon just frowned at him as they kept staring at each other.

"You must have a bad habit of staring at others.", Wijihoyeon said.

"What the hell are you talking about now?"

"I think it's quite embarrassing to make such an unsightly face while looking at others"

"Do you really have to put it that way?", Lee Sungmin replied, irritated.

"You're not completely at fault though, who wouldn't want to look at my beautiful face?", Wijihoyeon chortled at Lee Sungmin.

Wijihoyeon then groaned lightly and rubbed her mouth.

"Did I, by any chance, drool in my sleep or snore?"

"Yeah I had to wipe your mouth because your snoring got too loud and you ended up drooling like an orc, princess.", Lee Sungmin smirked, in a sarcastic tone towards Wijihoyeon.

"That can't be right."

"Yeah, well it was a lie."

When Lee Sungmin admitted the truth about lying, Wijihoyeon smiled. Lee Sungmin smiled back at her, happy at the fact that she was happy, even if it was just for this moment. They continued to crack sarcastic jokes at each other, smiling at each other enjoying the space they had.

"I've thought about it."

Wijihoyeon said, changing her expression to a blank yet serious look. She glanced down looking at her hand as if examining how weak her state was.

"I've always been independent, always at the top... For the first time I'm realizing just how weak and pampered I really was. It's new... and I can't describe it..."

"Do you hate it?"

"No, I have a strong sense of resilience. I want... to be stronger than you again. Or at least similar to you. But now, I'm weaker than you. Without your help, I can't survive."

"I don't care about any of that. I'll be here regardless."

"I care.", she said, shaking her head and then continuing to speak.

"...I don't want to put you in danger because of my presence. I don't want to trouble you. So... I intend to accept the offer that the Samaryunju offered for protection."

Lee Sungmin's mind went blank and he couldn't answer. If he could, he wanted to hold onto Wijihoyeon. It didn't matter to him how weak she was or how helpless of a state she was in. He just wanted to be with her. But, how did she feel about it? She couldn't bear to be seen as a weak person even to her only friend she had. Her pride wouldn't allow it. But regardless, Lee Sungmin cared for her and just wanted her to be happy. So in the end he couldn't find a reason to rebuke her decision.

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"...every day.", Lee Sungmin responded

"Then the people sent by Samaryunju will come today as well. That means... I'll be going with them and leaving you guys. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Because you were sleeping too deeply."

"Hoo-hoo! It seems like you really do enjoy staring at others, seeing how you must have been staring at my sleeping face yet again!"

Wijihoyeon gave a low laugh. She then blinked and looked over at Lee Sungmin. He put his hand and caressed her cheek.

"You're feeling pretty good right now, aren't you?"