Chapter 67 - Kin

He was thinking of saying goodbye to Ludd once he came back, but since he didn't know when he would come back from his mission, it would be a waste of time to wait indefinitely in Behengerr.

Since there was no news of Ludd even after 3 days of waiting, Sungmin decided to leave Behengerr on the spot. It wasn't like he had any luggage. The house wasn't his, nor was any of the furniture inside it.

The only thing he prepared before leaving Behengerr was some food that would allow him to survive for several days in an emergency. He didn't take much either. Although he had a spatial pouch, he didn't want to increase his luggage any more than was necessary.

"You're packed light."

Scarlett didn't seem to like that very much though, as she who he had met up at the northern gate screamed 'traveller' no matter which angle one saw her from. She was wearing a large, hooded robe, with a bulky bag on her back.

Sungmin was flabbergasted looking at her.

"...Do you not have a spatial pouch?"
"This is my spatial pouch."

She said, pointing at the bag on her back. This was the first time Sungmin saw a spatial pouch of such size.

"...Do you have a lot of luggage?"
"I'm not simply traveling. I'm traveling in order to look for a place I could settle down and do my research. Of course I have a lot."

She said while tapping on her bag. Sungmin approached her and extended his hand towards her bag.

"I'll carry it for y...."
"Don't get cocky. I never told you to. I'll carry my own luggage."

Scarlett slapped on Sungmin's hand and snarled at him. Sungmin flinched and took a step back and looked at her face. Although he had met her a few times during the 3 months in Behengerr, Sungmin didn't at all know what kind of personality Scarlett Lecir had.

"Let's go, then. I've already rented a carriage."
"We're taking carriage?"
"Of course. No way, were you going to walk all the way to Brethun?"

When Scarlett asked back, Sungmin had nothing to say. In actuality, he had been thinking more of a horse than a carriage.

"I borrowed the carriage with my own money. I won't ask you to pay for it, so don't worry. Oh... I wasn't able to get a coachman though. Can you drive a carriage?"
"Ah, yes. I can."
"That's good."

When he was a low-rank mercenary in his previous life, he learned all sorts of skills related to menial labor to participate in as many missions as possible. He also learned to drive a carriage back then.

Scarlett was unexpectedly very strict in preparation. The horses on the carriage were very healthy, and the state of the carriage was very good as well. Although maintenance would be required since they were going on a long-distance journey, he thought that he would be able to drive the carriage without issue for a while.

"Then... which way are we going?"

Sungmin took out a map and a compass. Although Eria was enormous and the map wasn't that accurate, setting a general direction with it wouldn't pose a problem.

"Go wherever you want. I don't have a destination in mind."

Scarlett put her large bag inside the carriage. Then, she looked at Sungmin and took off her hood.

"Nothing, it was just getting stuffy inside my room. It doesn't matter where you go."

Sungmin glanced at her with a strange gaze at Scarlett's words. He may have been mistaken, but he felt a slight bitterness in her words.