Chapter 98 - The Search for Envirus

Lee Sungmin did not enjoy murder.

It was like that in the previous life, and it was still the same now. He had never found pleasure in killing others. It was natural for Lee Sungmin to avoid killing if there was no reason to.

But if he had to.

He felt sharp gazes fixed on him. Everyone in the village recognized Lee Sungmin as an enemy and was trying to kill him. Lee Sungmin glanced at the dead body of Kuromaru. He didn't protect him since he had no intention of saving him. Should he have saved him? Lee Sungmin suddenly had such a thought.

It was too late to sit and think. He walked forward while activating his Defense Aura. He was able to use it freely once he reached transcendence. Lee Sungmin was able to use spear force even when he was at the peak, but the strength he was able to exert in the past compared to now was incomparable in every way.

"Can you hear me?"

Lee Sungmin asked with qi infusing to make his voice louder. His loud voice rang out across the village, but the magnitude of the killing intent didn't change. Lee Sungmin thought that they were likely not just ignorant barbarians since there was no subsequent attack.

"I don't want to fight you. If possible, I'd just like to talk."

Lee Sungmin said out loud again. After a while, the atmosphere slightly eased up. Then a man jumped over the fence and stood in front of Lee Sungmin.

'An expert.'

He was an expert who had already passed over the wall of the peak. However, he did not seem to be the transcendence level warrior he was looking for. The middle-aged man asked while looking into Lee Sungmin's face.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lee Sungmin."

He tried not to feel too disappointed about it. Instead, Lee Sungmin replied with a slight nod. The man looked into his eyes, trying to get a glimpse of his level.

"Interesting. Your body is on the verge of transcendence, but your mind seems even further ahead."

The man muttered in a small voice. Lee Sungmin asked the man without answering to his words.

"Who are you?"

"I am Kazuya."

He replied. It was a name he knew. It wasn't from the memory of his previous life, but Kazuya was the name of the clan leader, whom Kuromaru had mentioned a while back.

"As I said, I have no desire to fight you."

"If so, thank you. A lot of people would have died if you had decided to go all out. There aren't too many of us left. I don't want to lose my head either."

"Why did you kill Kuromaru?"

"Violation of law must be punished."

Kazuya replied without changing his expression.

"Elder Nobuhiro must have died. It was unavoidable. There would have been a difference in skill, and it is only natural to try to preserve your own life. But when he saw the elder dying in front of him, he did not try to avenge him or even resist. The young kid who brought the enemy directly to the village's front door must be punished."

Kazuya said, looking down at Kuromaru's body. It seemed to be the law of highest importance in this closed-off village.

"I will accept you as a guest in the village."

Kazuya reached out. Lee Sungmin took the hand.

"Come in."

When he went into the village with Kazuya, the clan's patriarch, no one stopped them. Lee Sungmin had many things to ask, but he followed Kazuya to his home without question. In the meantime, he looked around at the houses with interest.