Chapter 3 - No Class

There were many ways to earn money in Eria. Naturally, the simplest way was to hunt 'monsters'.

There are two areas in this continent. The place where humans lived was the 'residential area' while the place where monsters lived was called the 'hunting grounds.' Of course, this was merely a simple categorization. There were various types of hunting grounds. For example, a dungeon.

Lee Sungmin judged his current state objectively. He had Martial Skeleton. He had gotten a Cultivation Method. But he didn't have a great amount of power as of yet. Martial Skeleton and Cultivation Methods only accelerated his growth and did not immediately bestow upon him power.

Therefore, he wouldn't have much success even if he went to the nearest hunting ground. The past Lee Sungmin would have wiped out the nearby hunting grounds, but... now, it wasn't possible.

'I only have experience. It's not too useful, either...'

The past him didn't have much power. He learned martial arts, and he learned many other things to survive. Even after all of his efforts, he barely reached the average qualifications of the otherworlders..

That was the limit of the No Class. Lucky No Classes with medicine or a master went up the ranks quickly, but he had neither in his past life.

Therefore, he needed all the help he could get this time.

Out of the many hotels, Lee Sungmin went to one that was of average quality. It wasn't great, but it was cheap.

"How long?"

The owner was a middle-aged man. He eyed Sungmin from his head to his toes and said.

"You don't seem to have that much money... you're a No Class, right?"

"Yes."

"Tsk tsk, that's bad. You don't seem too old, either... You're unlucky."

The owner muttered. It was the word that he heard 13 years ago. It might just be a facade. After all, he was just betrayed by a "nice" guy.

"...I have money for only a day. But... if... it's ok, can I pay with something other than money?"

"Hmm?"

"Like monsters... if you need anything, I'll get it. Of course, I'll give you money, too. As much as I can offer..."

"...mmm..."

The owner slurred his words. Sungmin was going to another place if the owner said no. Monsters were money to the residents as well as the otherworlders.

"... Well, sure. There's always room. Ok. From tomorrow, give me a Goblin's tooth or liquid."

The owner laughed a bit and answered.

"Ah, don't take it the other way. Goblin's teeth and liquid does give money. You know?"

"Yes... a bit."

People who buy these stuff were the armory guild and the magic guild. Maybe some from the soldier guild, too

As he wasn't in a guild, he wouldn't be able to sell them at its original price because of taxes. Thus, it was better to give them to the owner for a night's stay, instead.

"Ah, and can I borrow a pen and paper?"

Lee Sungmin got a room that was relatively tidy, but had a peculiar smell to it. There was a public bath on the 1st floor as well.

For 20,000 Erie, the rate for staying per day was cheap for a hotel like this.

'But, it's far from the hunting grounds.'