Chapter 148 - Choice (2)

Start from the beginning

The man beyond the crystal ball then voiced his annoyance.

[If they're hiding in the Samaryunju branch, then it would be really difficult to touch them. Even if the Samaryunju aren't interested in affairs that don't involve them, they will not tolerate trouble in their territory.]

Ma Huang-tian Yang Il Cheon, the Lord of the Samaryunju, was a silent dragon. Stirring him up for no reason would cause a lot of unnecessary trouble. (T/N yeah, that's one hell of a long ass name)

[There is no way for the Minor Heavenly Demon to break the curse on her unless the caster dies. Well... There's no need to hurry. It'll happen sooner or later.]

She lost her strength overnight and became weak. He didn't think that the Minor Heavenly Demon, for whom the pride of being among the strongest in Eria, could endure the shame and humiliation.

[Kill Lee Sungmin right before the Minor Heavenly Demon's eyes if they leave the city.]

"That'd be such a waste of talent. Ah, by the way, he's currently with the Crazy one."

[There's nothing more to see from the Crazy Heavenly Demon. If you haven't reached the pinnacle of Transcendence after being stuck for ten years, it's hopeless for you. Anyway, you were spoken of quite highly by Lee Sungmin. Didn't you enjoy that?]

"I've always been fond of outstanding young men. The way I see it, that kid is only second to the Minor Heavenly Demon. The Shaolin, The Open Drunkard, and the Prodigy of the Wudang are the only other contenders. The drunkard is just a nobody. Ji-hak still needs to be kept under surveillance, and information about Heavenly Demon Sect is still under such tight wraps by the Taeguk Sword that no one dares touch him."

The three mentioned by Amzone were the young masters called the Future of Shaolin, the Open Drunkard, and the Prodigy of Wudang. Among them, the one that Amzone and Cheon Ucheon rated the most highly was Prodigy of the Wudang Sect. He was the only disciple of the Taeguk Sword, who was an old veteran of the Wudang Sect's war, and nothing was known about his ability at all.

"In the fourth generation, Geom-ryeong is pretty good... There are quite a few skilled guys in Samayukmun and in Madosamga." (T/N most likely other sects/ factions of Murim)

[What if we compare them to Lee Sungmin?]

"Honestly, I'm tempted."

The corners of Amzone's lips rose into a grin. It was full of greed. If Lee Sungmin was an expert likely to be on the verge of transcendence, he should meet him and test him out. The person from the crystal ball laughed darkly at his answer.

[If that's the case, then do what you wish. You may kill... You may also try him out.]

Amzone nodded and put down the crystal ball. The crystal ball lost its light as it left his hand. Amzone then savored the silence as he committed the information obtained to memory, piece by piece. It had been a long time since he had to memorize information about someone, but he always remained vigilant – just in case.

He felt at ease. The coldness and feeling that certain colors of spring always made him feel comfortable.

'When will they come out?'

Amzone thought to himself as he glanced out the window.

Soon after, someone standing at the branch building of the Samaryunju became visible.

There was no way to find Qian Zun here. Even with all the information from Erebrisa, his location could not be confirmed. It was evident that information concerning Beyond the Heavens was appeared to be hidden beyond the reach of all information guilds. He tried the Murim Information Service, but any information was either fragmented or minimal.