Chapter 145 - Reunion (3)

Začít od začátku

"If you want to know, ask Wijihoyeon, not me."

"Then what about you?"

The eyes of Guan Hu narrowed.

"You're a great master. Yoo Ho-jeong is one of the most talented people who use spears and lances. And you didn't just overpower him. You completely overwhelmed him."

"The Ironclad didn't attack me with the intent to kill. What might have happened if we fought to kill each other?"

"I don't think everyone understands that. If you want to use Samaryunju as a shield against the Orthodox, shouldn't Samaryunju get something for that? The Minor Heavenly Demon is asleep now and can't hear the answer, but you're not."

"Then I'll just leave."

Lee Sungmin reached for the shoulder of still sleeping Wijihoyeon.

Samaryunju was not the only place to ask for protection. It's not like he would be stranded in Rubes without the protection of Samaryunju, they likely didn't know his relations with the Gold and Red Towers.

Even though Lee Sungmin had a relationship with Lloyd, the owner of the Gold Tower, he wasn't sure Lloyd would protect him only for a favor, but if that was the case, he would just have to 'please' Lloyd.

"Just kidding.", Guan Hu chuckled lightly as he see Lee Sungmin lifting Wijihoyeon.

"Are you going to the Gold Tower? I guess it was because you didn't want to bother the Tower Master, given that you were just there.", he continued.

"What kind of joke is that?", asked Lee Sungmin, without answering the previous question.

Guan Hu shrugged at the remark.

"As long as you're here, I will protect you in the name of Samaryunju. Even if you don't want to."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"Do you, the branch manager, have that authority?"

"This is not my will, but the Lords.", replied Guan Hu, "If it gets serious, Samaryunju will have to fall into war. But if not, the head ordered for your protection."

"...why?"

"That's because of how much reputation the Minor Heavenly Demon has, and you're quite formidable yourself. In this world, regardless of age, how many of the 'humans' are as good as you?"

Guan Hu stood up from his seat.

"The servants will be back soon with our meals. Let's have a meal first. I'll also call in a maid if necessary."

"...please do so."

"And this is my house. It's not easy for someone to cause disturbances for my guests."

Guan Hu gestured to Lee Sungmin to sit down.

"I don't think you're from Murim. Is that right?"

"No class."

"No-class, with a high rank at that age...That's great! If you're that good, you won't be ignored anywhere in the world. Still it might vary in certain places, but you can live rather leisurely. But that doesn't mean you're 'free'. As long as you're gray, you'll be neither black nor white, but you'll also be ostracized."

(T/N He's speaking in regards to the factions in support of humans and non-humans when talking about being gray)

"It's none of your concern."

"Haha... you are quite stubborn. Or are you simply afraid to make a choice?"

Guan Hu turned around and left the octagonal pavilion, leaving the words behind.