Chapter 130 - Cheonhoecheon

Start from the beginning

Crazy Heavenly Demon said as he laughed heartily.

"It's enough to realize how absurd the best can be."

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone has their own mountain, and you won't know how high you've reached until you stand at its peak. 'I've come pretty high'. Those kinds of vague thoughts are only until you reach there. Then you realise something when you stand at the top of the mountain. The mountain you climbed wasn't actually that high. It was merely a small hill amidst hundreds of loftier peaks."

Crazy Heavenly Demon said in a bitter voice. The words were not only for Lee Sungmin but also partly meant for himself.

"The world is wide. Maybe you already know. This world... In a world where monstrous non-humans exist, humans are not so great. Those who live for thousands of years. I practiced martial arts for 60 years to reach this level. How many humans can spend 60 years this way? But what if those non-human creatures who live for thousands of years start practicing martial arts? What happens then? What if they also possess genius talent?"

At that statement, Lee Sungmin recalled the ones at the apex of non-human races he had met in the north. The vampire queen, Geniella, had lived 600 years. Juwon, who was called Mad Wolf, must have lived for hundreds of years.

"They are the organisation known as Beyond the Heavens (天外天). These are people who have lived as humans for hundreds of years, and then non-humans who have existed since the beginning."

Crazy Heavenly Demon said as he took off his coat. A wound from a long sword was deeply engraved on his bare body.

"This is the wound I suffered at the hands of one of the Six Divinities, Zun Zhe (尊者), 10 years ago. Even with my current abilities, I'm still not confident that I can last 100 seconds against him. Perhaps you might meet them in the near future. They often seek out newly famous strong people to test."

(T/N: 六尊者 6 divinities are uhh jus imagine 6 monks ripped monks standing side by side)

Beyond the Heavens and the Six Divinities. Lee Sungmin couldn't help but sympathize with the words of Crazy Heavenly Demon. When he was a third-class mercenary, he knew nothing. At the time, the pinnacle of the world to which Lee Sungmin belonged was Xeon, the leader of the Corona Mercenaries. But Xeon had died in vain at Freskan's hands.

Come to think of it, Lee Sungmin's world had expanded dramatically since he had gone to Behenger. Compared to his previous life, he met a lot of great people that he hadn't even heard of before, and through these encounters, Lee Sungmin realized how small his world was and how insignificant his existence was. As Crazy Heavenly Demon said: Even if it was just a peak, only when you climb to the top do you see how high the other mountains are.

'How high can I go?'

Wijihoyeon.

She sat cross-legged and looked at the person sitting opposite to her. He was wearing a large bamboo hat and a traditional style cloak. Wijihoyeon, who was wearing the Black Robes she got from the dungeon and the Black Dragon perched on her shoulder, was still overwhelming the space despite her young age. In addition to that, she exuded aura fiercely to intimidate the man.

However, he was calm even when facing Wijihoyeon's monstrous aura. The two had been sitting in silence in the middle of an old guesthouse with no guests for a long time. It was the man who moved first. He slowly raised his hand and grabbed the cup on the table.

"The tea is cold."

The man muttered. Misty vapor rose from the tea as he stroked the cup, applying a technique. The man stared at Wijihoyeon's face from under the bamboo hat while taking a sip of warm tea.