Chapter 104 - Mimics

Start from the beginning

'Where are the other people?'

For the time being, Baek Sogo decided to pick a direction and walk.

The main character who had turned the dungeon into a path of stinky flesh, Jang Deuksu, was full of things to say. As he walked alongside Lee Sungmin's shoulders, he admired the technique Sungmin displayed when he killed Baek Sogo's Doppelganger and expressed all of his own opinions about it.

[So noisy.]

Lee Sungmin sympathized with Rubia's complaint. Would he rather kill him and go? It's not that he never thought that, but Lee Sungmin did not enjoy murder. It was one of the traces of humanity that Lee Sungmin desperately held onto as his mind fell apart and rebuilt many times over the 2100 years he lived in the world of his subconscious.

He did not hesitate when it came to killing. But he did not enjoy it. If he had to, he would kill. Or else he would not. Jang Deuksu was chatty, but that was not enough of a reason to kill him. And Jang Deuksu was his best shot at an ally right now. He didn't know what would happen in the dungeon, so there was nothing wrong with moving together.

The armor was quivering.

'What is it again?'

[I'm curious about a little thing.]

Heoju, who had been shivering, felt a bit relieved to see that Lee Sungmin did not say anything when he tried to speak.

[You. Why don't you eat it?]

(T/N: ghost armor scared shitless. the 'You' he uses here is more like calling him Good Sir)

He was wondering what it was. Lee Sungmin broke into laughter. The loot obtained by searching the body of a Doppelganger. What Lee Sungmin acquired was a Magic Jewel Pill found only in dungeons, which cannot be purified artificially. It was the most efficient Elixir in the world. Originally, no matter how well medicines are made, and how excellent the pill refiner's abilities are, there were limits to the martial arts of magic that could be acquired from a pill.

However, the Magic Jewel Pill was different. On the surface, it was a gem that was about the size of a fist, but if you put it in your mouth, it would melt and absorb into your body. There was no need for an inner core method or magic. The moment one takes it, it would add strength without any side effects. If they were a martial arts practitioner, the inner qi would be enhanced, and if they were a mage, their magical abilities would be enhanced.

'My body is unstable. My martial arts may be ruined if I eat it.'

[I doubt that.]

Heoju replied to Lee Sungmin's answer.

'... What do you mean?'

[There's no way I'm seeing wrong. Since I was able to get close to your body because of this armor. Certainly, you are unstable. But your body is very tough.]

'Tough?'

[There is something strange in your body. Are you aware of that? Hahaha! There is a non-human heart inside your human body. This Great Ghost can bet no one has a heart as strong and superior as yours, among the 100. Except for my body, of course.]

[Shamelessly bragging about his lack of body like that.]

Rubia grumbled, but Heoju didn't mind it. Lee Sungmin was briefly lost in his thoughts at Heoju's words. Imbalance. It happened because the Black Heart he obtained was not through practicing proper martial arts. That's why his Heart was leading. Thanks to the black heart he could replenish any amount of qi he was lacking. However, this physique, his body. The mind had still failed to comprehend everything he had seen and experienced completely. The 2100 years spent in his subconscious had made the disharmony even more severe.