Chapter 16

A couple of hours later…

"You have a mean strike, you know that?" 

Angelica shot up hearing them words, a weight in her lap alerted her to a smaller figure which when her vision returned properly alerted her to Sapphire who smiled at her. 

The voice from earlier appeared again, "Your safe which is more than I can say for my chin" the teasing tone directed her attention to Aaron who was holding a drink out towards her. She took it with thanks noticing the purple bruise forming on the youngsters cheek. 

"I'm sorry" 

"Don't apologise, it was natural instinct" Aaron said with a smile, he turned when another individual walked into the room. “I’d be proud of that left hook, remind me one day to spar with you” Aaron added cheekily, moving aside to allow his uncle to pass.

"Neuro" 

"Angelica, good to see you are okay. My nephew almost lost you twice to underwater tornadoes" Neuro said, with a grimace. Angelica instantly noticed how pale he was and that he was in his human form with the exception of the room they were in had no water but filtered air. 

Neuro's eyes were purple with red around the eyes showing his exhaustion. His silver hair had purple streaks in it, he was wearing his royal outfit. 

"Where are we?" 

"The Creta Palace, well what's left of it" Aaron answered, lifting Sapphire into his arms as Zane made an appearance he smiled at his sister while holding Arlo in his arms. Angelica instantly hugged him when he sat beside her. 

"Don't scare me like that! I thought you had died!" Angelica scolded, Zane could only smile allowing her to pull him in closer. 

"Did you receive Shade's message?" Angelica asked Neuro, who only raised an eyebrow, "What message?" Neuro asked, looking confused. 

"Dad said he asked Shade to send a message to you about the lurcher being sent to the earth kingdom once father is finished with the ones above" Angelica explained, the best she could since Morro never made much sense. 

Neuro only frowned, "I lost contact with Shade a couple of days ago, he said he was investigating something and that was the last I heard from him, unless…" 

Alarms started blaring, well the only ones working. Neuro gasped whipping around only to see Shade appear but it wasn't the fact of seeing Shade it was the appearance of him. The master of shadow was in a much darker outfit, his eyes red glowing in the dark. 

"Aaron! Get them out of here! Shades being corrupted!" 

"What about you?" 

"I will be fine!"

"Where?" 

"Take them to the Storm Kingdom! It's the only standing place, I will meet you there" Neuro shouted, he nodded at Aaron who held Sapphire close to him, the young siren crying out for her parents. 

Angelica, Arlo and Zane soon found themselves shoved through a portal by Aaron followed by Sapphire as it closed with a bang behind them. Zane took a minute to climb to his feet with Arlo in his arms, he gasped seeing the state of the realm. Kingdoms had fallen apart, the waters were toxic. The volcanoes had exploded as lava ran down the streets of homes which had become victims to mother nature. 

An explosion from within the waters of where the Creta Kingdom sat alerted them all to the water rising in the air. 

"No!" Aaron yelled out confusing them all until Sapphire let out a scream of a lifetime as a portal opened and Neuro stumbled out of it. The siren gasped for air. Aaron turned and caught him, Neuro nodded at his nephew in thanks.