Chapter 12

A bright white light in between the two grew brighter into an orb until it connected with both of their chests. Zane squeezed his now silver glowing eyes shut as Cole pulled him tighter as the room glowed white knocking anyone away from the two. 

It took a few minutes for the light to die down but when it did, it gave the others full view of the Storm and Earth Kings. Cole smiled knowing his plan would work. Pulling his wings back, Cole could only connect eyes with his lover. Zane was in shock not feeling pain anymore. His silver eyes connected with the golden ones of his lover. 

"Oh my god, I don't know how you two still impress me but it seems Arum was right. The two of you are a pure prophecy. Lucas you haven't only managed to fulfil a thousand year old prophecy but you have fixed a broken angel's wings…"

"He wasn't broken," Cole warned Luna who held her hands up. 

"Okay, he's not broken but an angel's wings are the hardest things to fix and you have done it without lifting a finger instead, a kiss of pure soul power. It just shows you are a chosen child of the death god. It now all makes sense…" Arthur explained.

"What does?" Cole asked, kissing Zane's head, his angel wore a peaceful expression. 

"You are the balance between the Fire and Ice Gods. You and the master of shadow are what the pure siren needs to balance out the realms" Arum spoke up, coming to stand beside the two. He didn't dare touch the angel in the room knowing he had a guardian watching over him, in the form of an angry Earth King. 

"Neuro?" 

"Yes, Neuro is the pure siren. A balance that was broken through destruction. The reason your realm fell apart was due to the fire and ice spirits being in the wrong bodies and it took the pure siren's daughter to work it out. On top of that the daughter thought your first born was in danger. Her powers counteracted with the fire and ice spirits shields and attacked them, starting the prophecy off. All this time, Aspen was meant to go into a death like sleep to wake the inner children of death" Arum explained, patting Cole's shoulder as he vanished in a gold light. 

"Lucas, you must leave now. Your own guardian needs to leave. Aspen can leave, we bless the two of you and wish you luck in the future. Make us proud and defend our home" Arthur said with a smile as a scythe appeared in Cole's hand, he smirked sheathing it. 

"Oh and tell Morro, he's an idiot. Ask the devil to drop off a lurcher, he will understand" Luna smirked disappearing in a silver flash as Arthur vanished in a brown flash. 

"Zane, you alright?" Cole asked when he found his husband smiling to himself. Zane was holding a few feathers in his hands. A few were black amongst the white in his wings. 

"I've never felt better. Thank you Cole, you have no idea how much I have…hmm" Zane was cut off by Cole's lips latching onto his own and gently shoving him into a wall. 

"Cole…we can't do this now…we… need to leave…the others..need help!" Zane breathlessly spoke as Cole kissed his neck leaving a distinctive hickey. 

Pulling away with a smile, Cole grabbed Zane's hand and walked towards the exit where a grumpy dragon sat bowing at Zane yet again. It still didn't allow Zane to get on until he sat in Cole's lap, the ninja of earth didn't say much but held him close. 

"Cole?" 

"Hmm" 

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"In there"

"Oh"

"Cole?" 

"You didn't like it"