Chapter 4

(Bold, Italics: Overlord speaking)

Shade was terrified, he couldn't find Neuro and Cryptor was sure the master of mind was still in the palace. Saffron helped her son look for him but after a good twenty minutes search they gasped when Shades's jacket was gone. 

"He wouldn't, why would he leave? Did something happen at the Creta Kingdom? Why would he leave without telling me?" Shade was working himself up into a panic, "Mum, I can't feel him" Shade exclaimed. Saffron was quick to direct her son into the lounge where a now awake earth king was speaking to Jay about the guards and whether they had seen the master of mind.

Ash and Casey were curled up on the sofa smiling at their news but also quite worried for Neuro. 

A slam of a door alerted them all to footsteps followed by two howls. Morro's head perked up, it couldn't be! Casey shot up intending on running forward when she let out a sharp gasp seeing the individual in the doorway. Bullet ran to her and she just sank to her knees wrapping the hellhound up. 

All attention turned to the doorway where a bloody Kane stood with an unconscious bloody Neuro lay in his arms but that wasn't what made Casey gasp, it was the limp infant in Neuro's arms.

Saffron and Skylor acted on instinct directing Kane over to the room beside them, in other words the medical room. Shade tried to go in but soon found himself held back by Kane, the devil didn't say anything as he just allowed Shade to cry against his chest. Cryptor quickly took his son, allowing Kane to go clean up, the devil was quick to find the nearest bathroom and wash his hands. His clothes he tried to use his powers to clean them but he just couldn't, a hand on his back alerted him to Morro who helped him remove his top. 

Kane whipped around to kiss his husband who clung to him, the two were quick to leave the bathroom intending on getting acquainted later on. Kane entered the lounge only to find his arms full of his daughter. Casey cursed him out, yelled and cried to him. Kane could only nod as he reassured her everything would be alright. 

"Kane, sorry to interrupt but do you know what happened?" Cole asked, Kane looked over, "I landed in the realm only to hear a scream of help. It was so desperate so I headed in the direction, it took me a minute to realise it was Neuro's siren asking for the devil. Sadly, I didn't catch who attacked him but his siren sent him into labour in hopes to save…"

"Wait, he was pregnant?" Shade asked, "No wonder he said he wanted to talk to me later. Oh god!" Shade continued dropping to his knees, Ash was quick to appear beside him and pull his father into a hug. 

"Kane?" Morro's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. 

"Yeah. I stumbled across him and he was mumbling something about Zane and the overlord. I didn't understand but all I knew was to get him back here" Kane finished out of breath as Missile appeared behind him. Jay ignored the hellhound passing over a bottle of water. Kane took it with a grim expression. 

The doors then slammed open, "SHADE! GET IN HERE NOW!" Shade was quick to obey his mother's instructions and ran into the room. He was met with the sight of Neuro being barely awake coughing up blood, he was barely hanging on. 

"Shade, you need to heal him. The only thing keeping him alive is his siren and the infant is relying on Neuro's siren to remain alive" Saffron explained, Shade nodded moving to his husband's damaged body. Neuro blinked up at him, reaching for him. Shade took the hand as he directed his power to heal his partner. Neuro groaned feeling everything move back into place. Neuro screamed when Saffron snapped his arm back in place. Shade could only grimace as he healed him. The master of mind was exhausted as he tried to help Shade only to groan.