Chapter 59 - The Decision

A few days went by, and the deadline to accept their offers was fast approaching. But neither Abhimanyu or Akshara were sure about what way to proceed. The offers lingered over their head like a bad omen.

And they never talked about it. The two of them were well aware that they needed to make up their minds, one way or the other but neither of them was willing to make the first move.

Whenever Akshara tried to talk to Abhimanyu about their future —and what was going to come off it, her words deceived her. She was left grappling at empty air trying to figure out the right words.

And the one time Akshara even tried to mention Oxford, Abhimanyu wrapped his hands around her neck, pushed her against the wall, stealing a passionate, desperate, enchanting kiss from her —leaving her breathless.

But the one thing was for certain, neither Abhimanyu or Akshara wanted to confront each other about the potential life altering academic offers because they were afraid —not for their own answers —but they were afraid to listen to the other person's answers.

~*~

"Akshara. Don't worry about us. Don't worry about what we think you should do. Your father and and I will support each and every single decision you make. Okay?" Naira informed her daughter over video call.

"I don't want to disappoint you or Dada." Akshara felt like she was going to cry.

A decision about her academic career, it wasn't supposed to be this hard. It was supposed to be easy. But then why was she having such a tough time?

"You will disappoint us more if you end up making a decision which will inflict more unhappiness upon you. All we want is for you to succeed in any path you chose. So please, baby, don't worry about what we will say, do what is best for you." Naira gave Akshara an understanding smile.

"Thank you, Mama. Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too, Baby. And don't worry. Everything will be alright. Abhimanyu is a good kid, wise kid. He will understand and support any decision you take too."

"Yes, Mama." Akshara gave Naira a small hopeful smile. "I got to go, Mama. Abhi is home."

Naira nodded her head, blowing a kiss to Akshara. "Bye, baby. Talk to you later."

~*~

"Abhi? You're home!" Akshara got up from the bed and went to him, pulling him into an embrace.

"Yes, I had to go home. Had some important matters that needed my attention." Abhimanyu replied, closing his eyes as he crushed Akshara to him, unwilling to let go.

Sonic came up to Abhimanyu, wagged his tail, waited for a pet to greet him before strutting out of the room, leaving Akshara and Abhimanyu alone.

Akshara pulled away from the embrace and went to the dressing table. She returned to Abhimanyu with a small box in her hand and handed it to him. "Here."

"What is this?" Abhimanyu asked, surprised.

"A gift. For you." She smiled at him.

"Okay." Abhimanyu's brows furrowed as he didn't know what to make out of all this. Why was Akshara giving him a gift?

"But don't open it yet. I have something to tell you first."

"Okay. Hold on. I have something for you too." Abhimanyu removed his backpack from his shoulder and took out a similar box to Akshara's and handed it over to her. "This is for you. Please don't open it till you listen to what I have to say."