Chapter 33 - Sneaky Romance

The rest of the week passed rather unceremoniously. Abhimanyu and Akshara continued to sneak around the house and college without being caught and even going as far as to not even raise any eyeballs.

There were times when Abhimanyu would pull Akshara into vacant corridors of the Birla Mansion to sneak a kiss and she would let him, equally eager for his touch.

Their nights were always spent together, wrapped in each other's arms, undisturbed. They'd be making out one moment, getting all hot, heavy and bothered and then when Abhimanyu thought Akshara had had enough, he'd stop. He'd pull her into his arms and they'd both fall asleep, wrapped in each other.

~*~

"Aunty, I'm going to go out for a little stroll. Is it okay if I go?" Akshara asked nervously, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Of course. But be careful." Manjiri answered, looking at Harshvardhan for approval.

"Thank you, Aunty! I won't go far. I just need to clear my head."

"No problem, Beta." Harshvardhan gave Akshara a soft smile.

A few minutes after Akshara had left, Abhimanyu came out of the shadows with Sonic on a leash.

"Ma, Sonic has been driving me nuts. I think he wants to go out for a run. I'm going to take him and hopefully that wears him out or else he's going to not let me sleep the entire night." Abhimanyu lied effortlessly.

"Really?" Neil pointed out, in disbelief. "But Sonic sleeps with me most days now."

"Or me." Nishtha added, supporting Neil.

"Yeah, well, Sonic is free to sleep wherever he likes." Abhimanyu growled, low.

Neil raised his brows in silent question, suspicious of Abhimanyu's excuse. Only, he and Nishtha were met with Harshvardhan's disapproving gaze, scolding them. "Let Abhimanyu take Sonic out. It doesn't matter whose room he sleeps in."

Abhimanyu raised a sneaky middle finger at Neil before turning and saying, "Thank you," to his dad.

~*~

Akshara waited for Abhimanyu outside of the Birla mansion gates. As soon as Abhimanyu's car pulled up, she got in and gave Abhimanyu a quick peck on the lips.

"Did anyone say anything?"

Abhimanyu shook his head. "No. We're good."

"Okay! Thank God!" Akshara let out a troubled breath she was holding, sighing in relief. She then felt Sonic's breath close to her face.

"Hi Sonic." Sonic wagged his tail and panted happily, licking Akshara's face into oblivion making her giggle, being unable to sit still in the back seat of the car.

"Okay, Sonic, stop! I love you too." Akshara giggled as an excited Sonic continued to lick her.

"Sonic, boy stop. She's mine. Not yours!" Abhimanyu growled but Sonic did not listen.

That is until Abhimanyu opened the rear window and Sonic got distracted, choosing instead to put his face out of the window to feel the brisk night air against his fur, enjoying the late night drive.

Abhimanyu and Akshara intertwined their fingers together as Abhinanyu drove towards the lake, enjoying the silence, relishing in the night breeze, with the radio turned on low as music sounded from the speakers, bursting softly through the walls of the car, enlightening them. Enriching them.

Late night drives, with the person you loved, your person, was a different kind of thrill all together. It brought you peace. Contentment. Easement.

~*~