Chapter 41 - Moving In

Akshara's feet came a halt in front of the car and she gasped, her brows furrowing in worry as they came out of the Birla mansion.

"Akshara? What? What happened? What's wrong?" Abhimanyu asked, worriedly. He looked around her surroundings to see if she was hurt or if she bumped into an invisible tree or something.

"Sonic! I forgot to say goodbye to Sonic!" She blurted out, her eyes darting towards Abhimanyu as she realized she forgot to say goodbye to her best boy.

"Oh! Yeah. Where is that little rascal anyway? I didn't see him after I fed him breakfast." Abhimanyu scratched his head, wondering where his four legged friend was.

"Umm, yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about saying goodbye to Sonic." Neil shifted nervously on his feet.

"What do you mean?" Abhimanyu frowned.

Neil opened the rear door of the car and in sat Sonic, sitting happily on the seat with his tongue wagging, waiting for them.

"Sonic!" Akshara screamed, happy to see him.

"He jumped into the car as soon as we loaded the first suitcase and has refused to come out since. So I guess he'll be going to your new apartment with you, making sure you reach safely." Neil added, making everyone laugh.

"You better make sure there is room on that bed of yours for all three of us." Abhimanyu whispered in Akshara's ear making her face turn red.

"For Sonic? We'll make room." She whispered back, making Abhimanyu chuckle aloud.

Neil, Krishika and Kairav turned to look at Abhimanyu who managed to divert his chuckle into a cough just as Akshara's cheeks turned to a deeper shade of red.

"Umm? Let's go?"

Akahara nodded her head at Abhimanyu before excitedly getting into the car. She seated herself beside Sonic who laid down on the leather seats and rested his chin on Akshara's lap.

"Krishika and I will come in the other car. We'll meet you there." Neil informed Abhimanyu.

"Okay." Abhimanyu got in beside Akshara, leaving Kairav to walk around the car towards the front passenger side.

Once they were all settled in, the car made headway towards Kairav and Akshara's new apartment.

~*~

Sonic was resting on Akshara's bed, watching Akshara unpack her belongings and arrange them neatly in her closet. His eyes shifted to Abhimanyu who came up to Akshara carrying a small carryon backpack and put it right beside the plethora of Akshara's suitcases.

"Oh, Abhi, this bag isn't mine." Akshara turned around to look at him.

"I know it's not yours." He answered matter of factly. "It's mine." He smiled at her, kissing the tip of her nose, leaving her shocked.

"Yours?"

"Well, since I'm going to be spending some —most of my nights here with you, I thought of bringing over some of my necessities." He shrugged. "So, which one is my drawer?" He asked, his eyes roaming around the closet space.

Akshara smiled at Abhimanyu, feeling all sorts of warm and fuzzy feeling at his response.

"Akshara! My drawer." He looked at her pointedly, bringing her out of her trance.

"Oh, right. Anywhere. You can put your stuff anywhere." She replied, her cheeks turning crimson.

Abhimanyu did as she said and laid out his clothing with hers. He then went to Akshara's en-suite bathroom and placed his toothbrush beside hers, along with a few shower essentials of his.