Chapter 52 - Long Drives

The car ride home was rather silent. Akshara bit her lower lip nervously, trying to think of what to say, ways to calm Abhimanyu down. He looked calm, but his feel calm. His aura radiated heat, unease, anger.

Abhimanyu kept one hand on the steering wheel and maneuvered his other hand until it rested on Akshara's thigh. He squeezed it unconsciously, seeking comfort in her touch.

Akshara's eyes widened at Abhimanyu's touch, at the slight grazing of his palm against the thin material of her leggings. However, she covered his hand with hers, gently caressing it in reassurance.

"You okay?" She asked him.

He nodded his head. "Yes. With you by my side, always."

He turned to smile in her direction, making her heart flutter and her cheeks flush.

~*~

Akshara watched with confusion as Abhimanyu pulled up in a McDonald's Drive-thru.

"Abhi?" She looked towards Abhimanyu in confusion.

"I know you said you weren't hungry. But I also know you said because of me. Because I said I wasn't hungry." Abhimanyu paused before continuing. "You don't have to sacrifice your hunger for me. Just because I don't feel like doing something, doesn't mean you have to agree with me, Akshara. You could have said you were hungry. I would have stayed."

"But I am actually not hungry, though." She shook her head. "I would have told you if I was."

It was at this time her stomach began gurgling, disapproving her point. Abhimanyu nodded arrogantly at Akshara whilst she gave him a hesitant smile, as if she had been caught with her down the cookie jar.

"Okay, maybe I am a little hungry." She confessed, embarrassed.

"I don't ever want you agreeing with me over your own needs. If you were hungry, you should have told me."

"Sorry." She lowered her lashes. "But I said what I said, agreed with you because I wanted to. You are my need and want too." She pointed out.

"Akshara." Abhimanyu looked at her quizzically.

"Sorry." She giggled.

"Okay, now tell me. What is it that you want?" Abhimanyu pulled the car in to the drive-thru.

"Umm, I want a Spicy McChicken burger combo please and for a drink, I would like an lemon iced tea, less ice."

"Got it." Abhimanyu pulled up to the speaker and rattled of Akshara's order

~*~

As soon as Akshara got her order, the first thing she did was take out a French fry and toss it into her mouth. She closed her eyes and let the crunch drive her tongue to oblivion. "Hmmm, yum."

Abhimanyu watched Akshara enjoy her French fries and secretly couldn't help but imagine how wrong those noises coming from her mouth sounded.

He was grateful that they were locked in the four doors of his car. Because he couldn't even imagine what he would have done had someone else –man or woman heard the sounds Akshara was making.

Those sounds were reserved for him. Only.

Akshara popped another French fry into her starving stomach and let out another satisfied, sultry sigh. She then opened her eyes to Abhimanyu staring at her with a heated flare in his gaze and held out a fry for him, innocently.

He nodded his head as he leaned in towards Akshara, just as she slipped that French fry past his lips, allowing him to lick her fingertips, slyly.

She pulled her fingers back just as her cheeks flushed. "Want more?" She asked, trying hard to get her body to cool down.