1%

Chapter 8
Finns pov :
Rachel and I pulled up to the house to see all these people drinking and partying like there was no tomorrow . We walked inside and saw the house was trashed. Then Sawyer walked by , "Sawyer where's your sisters?" I asked her. "Dannys outback and Peyton is in the living room . " She said and walked away. We then walked into the living room and saw Peyton dancing on the coffee table. "Hi daddy!" She said all hyped up on sugar . I then picked her up and gave her to Rachel, "Can you take her upstairs I'm going to find Danny . " I said. "Yeah of course . " She said and then took Peyton up. I then turned off the music and shouted , "Everybody out before the cops come !" I yelled. Suddenly they all dropped what they were doing and ran out . Just as Danny was about to leave I stopped her , "Don't even think about it . " I said sternly.

Rachels pov :
I was upstairs with Peyton putting her to bed when she said , "Rachel? " "Yes Peyton . " I said . "Can you sing me a song?" She asked. "Of course. " I said . "What would you like me to sing ? " I asked her. "Well my mommy used to sing me some where over the rainbow. " She said. "Do you think you could do that? " She asked. "Of course. " I said and started :

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why, can't I?

(End song)
She smiled at me and said , "I love your voice. " I smiled and then we heard someone scream ,"I HATE YOU! " And a door slammed. "Okay goodnight Peyton ." I said and then turned the light off and went to the hall . I went down stairs and saw Finn sitting on the couch . "Hey is everything okay?" I asked. "Well Danny officially hates me . " He said. "You want me to talk to her? " I asked. "Could you?" He asked. "Yeah I'll be right back. " I said and went up stairs. I knocked on the door and said, "Danny , its Rachel can we talk ? " I asked. "Go away!" She yelled . I was about to walk away when I said , "I'm coming in ." And then I opened the door and walked in. "What do you want?" She asked me. "Can we talk ? " I asked. "Look I don't know what your here for but you're not my mom . " She said. "Your right I'm not but I think your being really unfair to your dad right now . " I said. "Hey he's the one that drove my mom away. " She said . "Thats not true." I said. I then sat on her bed . "Your dad was in love with your mom so much he would've done anything for her . " I said. "Then why did she leave ? " She asked me. "I don't know maybe she just couldn't handle it . But she made a huge mistake because she is the one who is missing out on watching you and your sisters grow up into beautiful young woman . " I said. "However your dad stayed because he loves you and your sisters . He would take a bullet for you girls because thats just how much he loves you girls . He is the one who is here , so when you tell him you hate him it kills him. " I said. "I never thought about that . " She said. I smiled and said , "Danny you are so lucky to have a dad as great as yours so take advantage of it because before you know it time will pass and you'll miss it all . So take it easy on him he's trying his best . " I told her . "You're right. " She said and got up and opened the door and we went down stairs . We walked into the living room where Finn was and without a word Danny went up to him and gave him a big hug , "I love you dad and I'm sorry about the way I've been acting . " She said. He smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "I love you too honey but your still grounded . " He said. "I know . " She said and then turned to me and said, "Good night Rachel . " and then went up stairs. "Wow . " Finn said . "What did you say to her?" He asked me. "Oh nothing just had a little girl talk . " I said. "Well thank you." He said . "You're welcome but I should probably get going the boys are probably waiting . " I said. "Wait let me walk you home . " He said. "No you're fine I'm just across the street. " I said. "No really its the least I can do . " He said. "Okay come on . " I said and he opened the door and we walked home.

Finns pov :
We arrived at the door step and I smiled at Rachel. "So . " I said. "So. " She said. "I had a great time tonight. " She told me. "Me too until the whole party thing. " I said. "Its okay were parents what can we do . Are kids come 100 % of the time ." She said. "Actually thats not true. " I said coming closer. "There is that 1% that we get for ourselves . " I said. "The other 99% goes to them. " I told her. She smiled , "I had a really good time tonight." She said. "Me too. " I said. "Maybe we can do this again without the party interruptions . " She said. "Totally." I said. She smiled and then gave me a kiss on the cheek , "Good night Finn. " She said. I smiled, "Good night Rachel. " I said and then she opened the door and went inside.