THREE YEARS LATER - PART ONE

Earth. Fire. Air. Water.

For three long years, Korra and I were separated. While she was recovering and recuperating at the South Pole, I started my training as an Air Nomad.

I trained and trained and trained. Trained until my bones threatened to shatter and my heart was a beat away from bursting. I vowed to never let anyone I love to get hurt again.

But as I grew in power, so did our enemies.

Like the Great Uniter.

And what she did set everything into motion.

We just didn't know it yet.

BOOK FOUR: BALANCE

THREE YEARS LATER – PART ONE

NO-ONE'S POV

"Come on, Jerik!" A rough, heavy voice called out across the field. "Hurry up!"

Jerik rolls his eyes in annoyance. I'm working as fast as I can, he thought to himself. But he knew his father was right to urge him to go faster. The sun was nearly setting.

Placing the remaining crops onto his basket, he carefully lifted it up and started his journey back. The sun blinds his eyes in the angle he is at, but he doesn't falter. He's used to it. He keeps on going.

Jerik has been a farmer for a good few years now. His father pressed him into doing it to continue the family tradition or whatever. At least it keeps him busy.

On the other hand, it keeps him too busy. Too busy to really live his life to the fullest. Then again, that's not really his father's fault. It's not his fault their village is barely keeping it together. It's just the way life is.

The village known as Roku's Beard has been standing still for years near the edge of the Fire Nation. It isn't anything special. It isn't unique. It's just a small spec on the great and powerful nation from above.

The small collection of buildings and fields have been around since the end of the Hundred Year War. It was once called "Sozin's Pride" when the tyrannical Fire Lords spread their narcissistic evil across their land and the world for their goals of power and conquest. The villagers named it this to show their support of their ruler or, at least, make it appear like they support them.

Under the reign of Fire Lord Ozai, their village lived in despair. Their crops were failing, their houses were crumbling apart, and sickness was growing. Jerik's grandfather once told him that when he was his age, he thought the war was going to bring about their end...as well as the world's.

And then Avatar Aang returned.

And then he defeated Ozai.

And then Prince Zuko, the once banished royal, became Fire Lord.

And then balance was restored.

The world had been saved.

With the war finally at an end after a hundred long years, the villagers restored their home's original name "Roku's Beard," before Sozin started the conflict.

For seventy years, the world continued to prosper. All the nations became intertwined, and the United Republic of Nations was established. Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko continued to improve the lives of many and even after the former's death and the latter's abdication, their legacies of peace and balance lived on.

However, like in all nations, there is still poverty.

Poverty that Roku's Beard is suffering from.

Fire Lord Izumi is a mostly a good leader. She's kind but stern. Giving but harsh when needed. However, she can't do everything. She can make mistakes.