SPIRITUAL DIVIDES

Earth. Fire. Air. Water.

When Avatar Korra and I first arrived in Republic City, we had no idea what adventures we would get into. From participating a pro-bending match, to fighting Equalists, to fighting a bloodbending revolutionist. We foolishly thought we saw it all by then. How wrong we were.

As the dust settled from Amon's defeat, little did we know that Harmonic Convergence was upon us. A convergence that was about to change everything.

BOOK TWO: SPIRITS

Y/N'S POV

Six months has passed since Korra defeated Amon. And a LOT has happened. 

Firstly, the council disbanded and now the United Republic has its very first elected president! Raiko, I think his name was. Honestly, I'm not surprised that this happened, the Equalists did help expose just how corrupt the council was with the exception of Tenzin. So far Raiko is...fine. It helps he's a non-bender which shows that there is non-bending representation in the city, but so far he hasn't really done anything massively. Eh, I guess I can't give him too much crap, he hasn't even been President for a year yet. I guess he just needs time.

Speaking of the United Republic, Tenzin's brother, Commander Bumi, is now living with us on Air Temple Island. He was only supposed to help take back Republic City after the Equalists took control of it, but he decided to retire and stay here with us. And boy, I'm glad he did. He's awesome! Seriously, not only is he hilarious, but he always tells me such interesting stories about his time as Commander. It's even gotten to the point where him and I have just been getting some drinks somewhere while recounting some of our adventures. Sometimes I wonder how is he related to Tenzin, they're like polar opposites. 

Tenzin...

Now that I mentioned the airbending master, I might as well get this over with. A few weeks after Amon was defeated, Tenzin confronted me about my vision:

FIVE MONTHS EARLIER

"Y/N, may I talk to you for a minute?" the airbender asks, a concern look on his face.

I look up from the newspaper I am reading and tilt my head in confusion. "Uh, yeah, sure. Have I done something wrong?"

Tenzin shakes his head. "No, you haven't done anything wrong. I just wanted to ask you about something."

I place the newspaper down, giving him my full attention. "Sure, go ahead."

He sits down across me, his eyes full of curiosity. "After Korra escaped Amon, she told us that while you and her were under Tarrlok's captivity that you had a vision?"

Ah...the vision. I can still hear those words in my sleep.

"ONLY JUSTICE WILL BRING PEACE!"

I nod in confirmation. "Yes, I did have a vision. But I can barely remember anything that happened. All I remember is a voice."

Tenzin nods too to what I say. "Yes, Korra mentioned that too. What did the voice say?"

I take a deep breath before I answer.

"The voice said "Only justice will bring peace."" I slowly tell the airbender. "I had no idea who said it, the voice was distorted so I couldn't identify it, and they were yelling it."

Tenzin's eyes widen at what I just said, and flickers his eyes down briefly.

"Kyoshi..." the airbender mutters.