LET THE GAMES BEGIN...

It is finally here! Thank you so much for your patience and I am so sorry for the long wait! I'm not that busy for now so hopefully my posts will be more frequent! With that out of the way, lets jump into it!

Y/N'S POV

Today is the day. The Pro-Bending finals. Korra, Mako and Bolin are currently practicing at the gym, all firing projectiles at a picture of Tahno, the leader of the Wolf-Bats. I brought in the radio to play some music to fill in the silence as I watch them intensely. They may be the champions for three years, but this time is going to be different. Tonight the Fire Ferrets will be victorious.

"Man, I got a good feeling about tonight! I don't care if we are the underdogs, we can take the pompous Wolf-Bats." Korra confidently exclaims.

"It's going to be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right." Mako agrees.

"Yeah, you got this guys!" I say with a wide grin.

The confidence in the air quickly vanishes as the music transforms into static.

"Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon."

Amon...that monster that made Korra break down in front of me.

"I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match, because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshipping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals or else...there will be severe consequences."

Amon is stepping up his game. We have to stop him before things get out of hand.

"That guy's got some nerve!" Bolin angrily barks out.

Mako turns to Korra and I, a frustrated look painted on his face. "You think the council will give in?"

"Knowing the council, probably." I reply with complete melancholy.

"Well, I'm not going to let that happen." Korra stubbornly responds. "We need to get to city hall."

We all nod and rush out of the gym.

Amon has taken a lot of things already. We must make sure this is not one of them.

LATER

We all manage to arrive to City Hall very quickly thanks to Naga, and we all barge in to meet the Council members.

"Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting." Tenzin tells my best friend, his tone dripping with annoyance.

We all keep walking, unfazed by the airbender's comment. Korra is quick to respond:

"As the Avatar, and a Pro-Bending player, I have a right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals."

Tenzin doesn't back down either. "I know winning the championship means a lot to you, but as far as I'm concerned we need to shut the arena down."

I decide to speak up. "I understand, but are you really going to give Amon this victory? Councilman Tarrlok, are you seriously going to let the Equalists win here?"

Tarrlok stands up, his gaze focused on me. "Actually, Tenzin and I agree, for once."

Wow...that's a first right there.

"The council is unanimous, we're closing the arena." Tenzin declares, attempting to end the debate.

We all let out our protests but they are having none of it. Dammit.