[82]

𝘼𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙊𝙬𝙡 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚, 𝙂𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚.

The lilac-haired witch glanced around the home in sadness to see the walls so bare before accidentally stepping on something. Her eyes widened and she looked underneath her foot, seeing that she stepped on a picture frame.

Stepping aside, she picked up the item, a smile on her face before she turned, seeing Eda's bedroom door open. The girl walked in, the door creaking further as she nudged it. Eda's room was now left in ruins, the stained glass now ruined with a gaping hole in the middle right of it.

Light orbs surrounded the room, Amity looking at them in curiosity before nearing Eda's nest, knowing that Luz would most likely be there, a comforting smile on her face. She leaned over the edge, spotting her girlfriend lying in the mess of twigs and branches.

"Hey," She began, Luz curled up in the nest with the egg in her arms, her witch's hat aside.

"Hey," Luz replied with a tired smile.

"Did you think that sitting in a nest was gonna help your palisman hatch?" Amity kneeled down by the edge of the nest, the photograph still in her hands as she continued to smile down at Luz.

"Maybe," Luz smiled before it dropped. "But nothing's happening."

"Remember what the Bat Queen said," Amity suggested. "To connect with a palisman, you're gonna need to express your deepest wish."

Ghost hopped by the side of the nest, sitting by her owner's side. Luz sat up, looking at the two in wonder, eager to know more.

"I never asked, how did connect with your palisman?"

"Well, after being handed the staff, I said, 'I wanna be a great witch.' Or uh, I dunno, 'I wanna be an author like Mildred Featherwhyle,'" Amity scratched Ghost's forehead, the cat nuzzling her owner's face. "But she wouldn't move until I admitted that I don't know what I'm gonna be when I grow up, but I wanna choose the path myself. And that was enough."

Ghost purred, Amity smiling as Luz watched the two with a smile. As her smile dropped once again, she sunk further into the nest, holding the egg in her hands.

"I wanna be a witch," Luz muttered. "And help my friends, but doing one always seems to mess up the other. Why did this get so complicated?"

Amity placed her hands on Luz's head, stroking the Latina's hair back with a soft smile.

"You just gotta be patient," The abomination witch advised, pecking her girlfriend's head.

But without a word, Luz turned away, Amity looking at her in surprise before she spoke up again, looking at the picture frame in her hands.

"This isn't the only reason why you're here, is it?"

Amity held the photo out for Luz, the image showing Luz, King and Eda in matching sweaters, Hooty in the background with glasses and a bowtie as there were sparkles all over the image.

Luz sat up from the nest, glancing up at the floating orbs of light, determination present on her face.

"I'll find Eda and King. No matter how long it takes."

"It's Eda and King!" Hunter yelled out from outside, grabbing the two girl's attention as they looked at one another in hope and surprise.

–––

Hunter, Xen, Willow, Gus and Georgia all stood outside the now ruined home, Luz, Amity and Camila running towards the group of teenagers as a blue star with a glitter trail flew overhead.