[24]

"𝘚𝘰, 𝘒𝘪𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩,"
The Golden Guard placed a hand on his chin, Luz taking advantage of the situation as she smiled to herself, pointing the Golden Guard's staff in his direction.

"Seems like none of us want her to win right now," The Latina smiled. "So, let's work together to take back those Palismen."

"Then what?" The Guard frowned. "You think I'll just let you walk away with them?"

"Maybe you won't have a choice!" Luz squinted while smiling, twirling the boy's staff. "I'm more formidable than you think!"

Unfortunately, the staff then hit Georgia on the head, the girl wincing as Luz cried out, losing her grip on the staff as the three rushed to catch it, Luz thankfully catching the object in time, the Latina chuckling nervously.

"I doubt that," The boy got over his initial shock. "But... fine, a truce till then."

"Truce!" Luz smiled, holding her hand out as the cardinal perched itself on her shoulder.

The boy glanced at her hand wearily before sighing, reaching his hand out to shake, but before he could come in contact, Luz's hand was pulled away, the girl sweeping her hair back.

"Too slow." She grinned slyly before running off, Georgia sighing as she followed after the girl.

"She's a literal kid." She smiled to herself.

The boy frowned at the mockery before groaning angrily, storming after the two. 

"Let's get this over with."

Kikimora pulled her gloves on, preparing to bring the kidnapped Palismen to the Emperor, smiling underneath her collar as she had thought that she finally had the upper hand, looking to the Guards who had prepared her 'pet'.

Unbeknownst to her, a blonde boy with blood-red eyes snuck passed the group, a sack in his hands as he climbed up to where the human was to be found, tossing up the sack.

He walked to where Luz was, glancing around before noticing that the third member was missing, the boy looking at the Latina.

"Where's Hathaway?"

"Oh," Luz glanced at the wall. "She had to process some... things, feelings... so she took a breather."

The boy nodded his head, glancing at the glyphs before him as he looked at it in awe, Luz smiling proudly.

"I've never seen magic like this..." He muttered. "What will it do?"

The cardinal hopped by his feet, the boy unaware of the little creature as Luz explained the process to him, smiling brightly while stepping in front of the two symbols.

"Well, we don't want to frighten Kikimora's steed, 'cause it might drop the Palismen nest and hurt the Palismen." The girl placed her hand on her chin. "So, using these fire and ice spells, I can command the glyphs to produce a thick mist!"

"And the sleeping nettles?" The boy asked, pulling the plant out of the sack he had carried.

"They're essential!" Luz picked the plants up, placing them in a smaller third circle. "Combined with the magic mist, it'll create–"

"–A sleep inducing smoke, forcing Kikimora to land." The boy finished, smiling slightly.

Luz glanced at the boy in curiosity, the Guard's eyes widening.