[64]

"𝘈𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘺!" 𝘓𝘶𝘻 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘳.

The two grunted as the impact of Amity landing in Luz's arms caused them to land on the ground. They looked at the rising smoke in fear, their eyes widening as they saw the mangled figure of Belos rushing towards them.

His glowing eye glinted as Georgia dashed in, striking him across the bridge of his nose with a lilac disc, trying to hold him off before he snapped back to face the brunette, his skin growing back.

"Crap."

–––

The Collector grinned, placing his pinky against the disc-shaped glass, smiling at King patiently. The Titan frowned in nervousness, walking forwards with his pinky sticking out. 

As King's pinky met the glass, he slowly began to pull away, a glowing hand emerging from the glass as the Titan pulled, his eyes widening in surprise.

A sizeable smiling silhouette appeared below King's feet, glowing brightly as the moon's stages were displayed around it, stars and constellations littered like dust.

A small crack soon appeared on the disc, clinking as it continued to drag down.

–––

Eda's eyes snapped open, feeling immense pain in her arm. She winced, sitting up as her arm became an ash-like substance, bubbling as she groaned. 

Kyle perked up, hearing a noise as he left Evelyn's side, the healing witch rushing from person to person as she tried to get them conscious. Kyle noticed Eda's movement, calling out his wife's name as she met his gaze.

"Eda's awake!"

Evelyn's eyes widened, rushing over to Eda as Kyle kneeled nearby his friend. He gasped, seeing her arm, the curse taking over her. He stepped back as another cry of pain escaped Eda, the curse taking over her as it travelled from her forearm to her upper abdomen. 

Evelyn cast a healing spell, but the blue rings faded as Eda's pain worsened. The vines from the bard sigil on her wrist continued to spread before another hand grabbed hers, Eda's eyes widening as a name slipped from her lips.

"Raine?" She whispered, Raine, struggling to stay conscious.

"I-I promised... a special kid I'd protect you," Raine strained out, smiling weakly up at Eda.

They yanked off Eda's forearm with a pained grunt, her cursed appendage soon disintegrating into dust as Eda's curse slowly receded, Raine, smiling softly at her. Suddenly, more vine-like lines began to envelop their face as they felt their consciousness fade, collapsing onto Eda.

"Raine!" Eda cried out in worry before looking over to Evelyn.

"Evie, do something! Please!" She begged as Raine lay across her lap, tears threatening to leak down.

"I-I... I'm sorry, Eda... my healing has very little effect on the spell. Only time can fix this wound," Evelyn faltered, guilt filling her. "I'm... I'm sorry."

Eda frowned, sobbing as tears leaked down her cheeks, weakly holding her injured lover as her sleeve was torn, revealing her amputated arm.

–––

The disc was successfully split in two. It 'clinked' as it fell onto the ground, a glowing cloak emerging from it as King and Kikimora watched in awe, covering their eyes from its bright light.