[33]: 𝙀𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙠𝙚

𝘈 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥,
Belos' mask lay next to an open book, resting against a whole bunch of pipes.

The Emperor walked up to the door, plugging a pipe into a certain door, twisting it as it locked.

The man waved a hand as an abomination turned a cog, a green substance flowing through the pipes, illuminating the room with a green light, flowing to the portal door, the item starting to glow brightly.

Belos placed a false key near the portal's keyhole, hesitating before pushing the item in, the key fizzling before it turned grey, disintegrating.

The portal then shut down, Hunter watching all of his uncle's actions in silence. Out of nowhere, his palisman chirped, landing on his shoulder as the boy waved a hand.

"Shoo!"

The cardinal flew off, landing on the boy's opposite shoulder, Hunter glaring at it before Belos' voice rang through the area.

"Would you like to see how it works, Hunter?"

The boy's eyes widened as he gasped, his palisman turning into wood while the boy hid the stiff cardinal in his cape, walking into the light.

"I didn't mean to hide, Emperor Belos."

The older man turned around, smiling as he had a stripe of green across his face, starting from the middle of his forehead to his left cheek, trailing down his neck. Blue eyes smiled down at the boy.

"We found every piece of the door," Belos began, Hunter walking towards him.

"But without the power of the real key, it refuses to open." 

Belos faced the door, glaring at it while Hunter walked up from behind, the boy soon asking a question.

"Is it true that rain doesn't boil in the Human Realm?"

"It is." Belos faced the boy.

"You know, I've been there before. Did I ever tell you that?"

Hunter shook his head from side to side, listening to the elderly man's stories, enamoured.

"The trees there are green, nights are quiet. I look forward to seeing it again." The man then faced the boy once more, walking down the stairs.

"Were you spying on me just to hear these boring stories?" Belos smiled down at Hunter, the boy looking away guiltily.

"The operation at the Knee," He looked back at the elder. "Why did you switch me out with Kikimora?"

"Everyone has a use, Hunter." Belos placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

The two walked down the stairs, Hunter looking up at the elder man, Belos explaining the uses.

"Kikimora has her intricate little plans, the scouts carry out orders. And you, well, the Titan has big plans for you." 

Hunter looked up at the man, eyes widening in fear at the Emperor's next statement.

"And it will be such a hassle to find a replacement."

The two neared the door, Belos escorting the boy out.

"So, right now, you can be useful by staying safe in the castle."

"If this is punishment for failing my last mission, I swear I can do better!" 

Hunter frowned, Belos smiling down at the teenager.