[53]

𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜:
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙨. 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙠.

____________________________________________________________

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘵," 𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦, 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵.

Hunter glared over at his Uncle, Luz by his side as she stood closer to Georgia, trying to find a way to cut the vines off.

"This thing has been a thorn in my side for years," Belos walked towards the creature, Luz backing away with Hunter, pulling a glyph out of her pocket. 

"All these weepy Palismen souls," He placed a hand on it. "Their voices constantly nagging me. Vile."

He grabbed a bird palisman's soul from the beast as the rest disintegrated away, the bird freezing in his grip.

"But without them, I wouldn't be able to do this," Belos grinned, raising his arm.

It transformed into goo, strangling the paliman's soul before crushing it, Hunter's eyes wide with horror. He flinched, seeing the palisman soul now gone, Belos sighing.

"I'm feeling a little better already,"  He walked towards Georgia, her eyes widening in horror and pain as her scars glowed brighter.

"Thank you, for distracting it," Belos smiled over at Hunter.

"What did you do to the other guards?" Hunter questioned in fear, his voice shaky. "To our family? It wasn't wild magic was it?"

Belos' smile vanished, an unimpressed look washing over him as he flicked Hunter's hair tuft, Hunter flinching as tears pricked the corners of his eyes.

"Pity," Belos sneered, putting a wicked smile on. "Out of all the Grimwalkers, you looked the most like him."

"...What?" Hunter asked in confusion and fear, his voice cracking.

The ground rumbled, Hunter, lifting his arms in surprise as his eyes darted to the ground, feeling his feet being encased.

Belos' fist was glowing a bright red, the crimson aura around him growing as Georgia's scars stung sharp, almost as though the scars had turned back into wounds.

She failed to notice her blood around the vines.

"Hunter!" Luz called out, looking back at Georgia for the last time in worry before taking her jacket off, tossing it as she held onto one sleeve, Hunter grabbing on the other.

The ground continued to pull the boy in, Hunter grunting as Luz began to panic, pulling the boy as hard as she could as she placed both her hands on the sleeve's fabric.

"No, no, no!" She exclaimed, her feet being dragged across the ground. "You're gonna be okay! You're gonna be okay! Just hang on! Just...!"

Hunter kept pulling on the other end, placing one hand in front of the other before the ground swallowed him up, Luz collapsing on her hands and knees, landing on the ground.

"I was really expecting him to last longer than the others," Belos sighed, walking towards Georgia. 

She gave him the sharpest glare, seething as she lunged at him despite the restraints, tears in her eyes.