(S1) Fate of the Wind

"Major... Come in?" Mei called as she, Bronya, and Kiana are fending off the multiple Templar, Chariot, and a swarm of ArchAngel after the squad took down The 4th Herrscher that caused rampage and called the other beasts.

"Communications are still jammed... Subject Shiro please hold on." Bronya glanced behind and saw their team leader groaning after taking a blow from the herrscher of wind to protect his teammates.

Shiro then gently picks her arm and wrapped it around his neck if ever they will move to safely protect her even in his kind of situation.

"This is weird! There's no end to them!" Kiana shot down an archangel and kicks back a templar away from her. "Shouldn't Aunt Himeko send some backup at this time?!"

Just in time their devices lit up and heard Himeko's voice. "Everyone! Sorry for the delay, we should have noticed that Anti-Entropy hijacked the comms!"

"What?!" Kiana raised an eyebrow as she jumps back. "Nevermind about AE, what about us? This place is swarmed by Honkai beasts, and their stupid heap of junk!"

"Getting it to that, move to exfil at these coordinates. Whatever you do, don't stop and run. Valkyries will be there as well for reinforcement... Major out." The major bailed out when they heard a loud impact noise.

"Something does not feel right." Mei said very worriedly then looks to Kiana and Bronya.

"Let's get Shiro-kun and Wendy-chan out of here!" She said so and was the first to retreat while taking point heading to their next position.

"Da! Bronya will cover your six... Idiotka please assist the two."

"Urusai! And don't call me that!" The kaslana shouted as she went towards the male. "Your hand idiot." Extending her hand forward, the male scoffed yet accepted it, as he was back on his feet.

"No need to be so harsh."

The squad then ran towards the mark coordinates which is a green grassy field.

And their faces were filled with peace seeing a bunch of Valkyries, and a drop-ship were there waiting for them.

"There they are! Intercept the honkai beasts!" The valkyries ran passing towards to them to take out the remaining pursuers behind their back.

"Aunt Himeko!" Kiana called as they stopped on their tracks. Himeko ran towards them quickly with a worried look.

"Are you four alright?"

"Yes but except for Shiro, he took a blow from the herrscher for us." Mei replied, as Shiro slowly came front with the girl at his shoulders.

"And the girl?" She asked.

"With me, still barely alive." Shiro then passed Wendy at Himeko's arms. Suddenly the valkyries circled around them which Kiana finds it odd.

Then Bronya's eyes widened after hearing a change from the major...

"Good... That's one loose ends." It was a voice she knew before, the one who took her in when she was young and decided to raise her.

What comes next was the Major pulled out a gun, and quickly pulled the trigger aimed at Shiro's chest.

*BANG*

"SHIRO!!!" Kiana shouted as she was suddenly restrained, while Mei quickly leapt back with her sword out, aware that her intuition is right.

Looking below at his chest, Shiro collapsed down to the ground, lifeless...

An hour ago.