30 • Drained

Rose

"I trust you, Luc, and so does Rose. You just need to trust yourself," Brando says, and I switch off the baby monitor in my hand.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I found the baby monitor in the kitchen and was bringing it upstairs with me when I heard them talking through it. Luca must've moved the main monitor downstairs.

I'm not shocked by this. We've had conversations about it before and I've always reassured him. But, he must think my reassurance is biased because I love him. I feel like he needed to hear it from someone else other than me.

I can only hope that this boosted his self-esteem.

I drape Aurelia's blanket over her as she sleeps peacefully in her crib. For seconds, I admire her.

She's gone so big from when I first held her as a newborn. And I wasn't able to be there for her first milestones.

My courage was draining, but I used the last of it to give up my daughter after losing my son. If that doesn't prove how much I love her, nothing else does.

I will always do everything for her because a mother's love is the sun. You always know that it'll shine again the next day, but even in the dark, she leaves her shadow. Aurelia will never know loneliness because my love for her will always show her light.

When I'm snapped back into reality, I sit in the chaise lounge chair and message on the group chat, alerting everyone about dinner.

Dinner at ours tonight

Maya💕: YAY CANT WAIT

Maya💕: havent seen you guys in ages :)

She was here yesterday. She's been here every single day after school to spend time with Aurelia while I plan for the wedding.

Luca🤍: Do we wanna see you though?

Roman: time to lock the doors

Marco🙄: LMAO LETS BAN HER

Great. Now Luca's got an accomplice to back him up when he argues with her.

Despite that, her and Roman have become very close friends. It helps that he's only two years younger than her, and I'm glad as I'm always anxious that he feels he doesn't fit in with our family.

Just for that, you three are cooking

Roman: shit im sorry

Luca🤍: Fine

Maya💕: love you Rose <3

Love you too <3

Maya💕: dont break another dinner set Marco x

Excuse me?

Thats why I have a plate missing from my gold one!!

Marco🙄: 🫣

Maya💕: yh becuz he broke it

They had real gold in them!

Marco🙄: TIME TO DIP 🏃‍♂️

As Luca walks in, I put my phone down. He glances into the crib and I cross my legs to give him room to sit down. His warmth caresses my bare legs and I feel wrapped around him.

Luca places both arms on either side of me and leans over to peck me on the lips. He spends priceless seconds staring at me and I'm worshipped under his gaze.