7 • Trusting

I had a raging urgency to complete this determined mission of mine that as soon as Brando left, I jumped in Luca's chair, propped open his laptop and digitally traced any aspect of Ricardo.

Ahead of that, I called Raina in, handed her documents and legally hired her. She is officially the new Head Care Worker at the Oak Shelter.

Marcus decided to stay loyal to us and he's secretively following my traitorous sister. I've tracked his phone since he left yesterday and the red pinpoint on the map in front of me lets me know exactly where they are.

I'm still a little cautious though. So, I haven't been relying heavily on him. He could be misleading us, giving her enough time to hide in the Bermuda Triangle or something.

"You look sexy in my chair," Luca says, leaning against the doorway of his office with a smirk on his face. Immediately, my entire body perks up in delight at the sight of him.

The sleeves of his shirt are rolled up, per usual, and his tattooed arms are crossed over his chest, making him appear even bulkier. His grey eyes glimmer as they stare into mine, lightening up the darkness of his irises. His curls brush onto his forehead and I itch to run my fingers through them.

He is so gorgeous. Tremendously, enthrallingly gorgeous.

Oh Lord, I don't know what I've done or why you think I deserve this man but I thank you with all my heart for letting him enter my life. Amen.

"I get the sense you've been more attracted to me lately," I glance down at my appearance in disgust as he strolls over to me. I'm wearing sweatpants, a crop top, Marco's hoodie and a fresh braid left in since the morning. There is definitely nothing sexy about me right now.

"Oh, you have no idea," he smirks, bringing his face dangerously close to mine, "I like this new side of you. La mia Rosa scura." [my dark Rose]

There's something about the way he speaks Italian that sends every right spark firing through me, especially one right between my legs. Not to mention, he's very close to me and the temperature in this room has skyrocketed.

I decide to tease him. It's so funny when he gets frustrated because of it. He becomes all flustered and pouty and frankly, it's adorable.

Good thing is that he would never tease me. He's too horny to do so.

Instead of letting him kiss me, I hide my lips by rolling them into my mouth. He mumbles something under his breath, frustratedly. As the cherry on top, I slowly run my fingers down the middle of his chest and circle his groin.

Luca's inhale of breath is as sharp as a knife and he clenches his jaw in agitation.

"Fucking...let me kiss you," he snarls, in a sexy, demanding tone that has my heart lurching in an exhilarating way.

His thumb is on my chin and he pulls it down, releasing my lips. Luca snakes his fingers to the back of my head and plunges his tongue straight into my mouth. I soften into his energetic touch as he runs his hand up the side of my waist to support my melting body.

The way he kisses me makes me feel as if I'm the sun with all these little planets orbiting around me. It's transcendent.

As he pulls away, he sucks on my bottom lip, harshly, making me moan in bliss.

"So horny," I roll my eyes, breathlessly and keep him away from me by placing my hands on his chest. Luca ignores my efforts and effortlessly picks me up from the chair, takes a seat and places me across his lap.

"Put yourself into my shoes," he says, undoing my braid to run his hands through my copper hair.

"I have and I fell face flat on the floor," I interrupt. Luca turns to me curiously so I sigh, "I was taking things upstairs and my hands were full. I couldn't be bothered to keep making so many rounds so I just decided to wear your shoes instead and like...ow!"