🌙standing alone

Chan got off his horse and went directly to Minho, smiling widely.

"I received your crow, battle is upon us" he said and hugged him, thickly. He was just as scared as he was.

"Yes...not long before we ride out to the walls. Everything is ready, have your best commanders at the front, but we rest tonight...at sun up we go"

"I will follow your lead." Chan affirmed and they both went to the tent to chat about the entire process, as well as how the west was doing under new rules.

"It's been going steadily" was what chan had answered, with an uneasy smile. There had been a lot of changes, some rebellions around the city, but small ones, he had said. "It's been really hard to...rule a kingdom, alone"

"Yes...I guess we are both in the same situation"

"But you are not alone" chan said, and Minho nodded.

"You're right" he looked outside the tent at jisung, who was teaching a young boy how to hold his sword properly, he had probably had only a few training lessons, yet he was dragged to war. "I'm not."

"You're too focused on your arms" Jisung pushed the boy and he stumble over his feet. His hair was light brown, long enough to cover his eyes slightly. "You need to keep note of your balance"

Jisung slightly placed the boy's arms and legs, making him take a focused technique, one that was used mostly in the south.

"Hold your arms like this, and stop moving your feet from the ground." Jisung didn't say it so harshly, at least didn't mean to, he was simply strategic.

The boy didn't speak, he only kept his head low and nodded to everything he said.

"Are you mute?"

"No your highness..." he said timidly. "I was just taught not to talk back to royalty"

He was from the west, slightly burned cheeks, sun kissed, with hair was reflected light. His eyes were hazel.

"What is your name?" Jisung tried to appear nicer by relaxing his face.

"It's Gäbriel your majesty, but I'm nothing more then a stable's boy..."

"Why have you come here Gäbriel? This is no place for a child"

"I am 17...i can fight" he was short, even more then jisung was.

"If one can fight, it doesn't mean they can win." Jisung said coldly, until he realized how he sounded. He turned around to see Minho looking at him, deep eyes.

"C-could I ask a question your majesty...?" He said in a very hesitant voice, his eyes to the ground when he saw the king not too far away.

"Ask ahead. I will not hurt you"

He swallowed and nodded, finally lifting his eyes.

"You're the prince of the south...o-or used to be. We've heading there to kill, no matter what opposes us, western or southern guards...your people...my people...doesn't it hurt?"

"Yes. It does." Jisung said quickly. "I grew up in the palace, surrounded by guards I am now about to kill...it is a morbid thought, one we cannot escape." 

"Then why do you fight...? If I can ask?"

Jisung looked at Minho slightly before almost smiling and looking back at the boy.

"I found something worth fighting for...beyond politics and beyond this world..."

The boy picked up his sword and held it thigh in his hands.