In it together

Keegan noticed how quiet Venice was. He walked over to her and touched her cheek. "I don't want you to worry about a thing okay?.."

"Is this in relation to you and mom, you and Angel or Kieron?..."

Keegan looked at her. "Did he hurt you?.. Kieron?.."
She chewed her lips and nodded with tears in her eyes.
"Then he is nothing to me...

"Who is Kieron?..." Josh asked.

"He's yo brother.." Keegan said. "Another of Nijada's kids..."
They all made mumbling and gasping sounds under their breaths.
"AND.. I knew nothing about him before any of you jump on yo high horses.. this was as much news to me as it is to you.. he's in the hold and I want you and Lamar to take care of him... he's not a likeable mother fucker so I'm sure that you won't hesitate in dropping him...."

"What about Gina?."
Harlow said, she had been the quietest so far. Keegan turned his head and looked at her. "Is she to be our new step mommy.."

"No fucking way

"No fucking way...

"Then why did you do that dad!.. why?.."

"I don't know.. I just don't know.." he said. "I don't think I will ever be able to answer that question.." he added.

"You need to talk to Angel dad.." Venice said. "You can't leave it like this with him.."

"What good would it do sweetie huh?.. she came to see me last night.. she wanted to me to take her with me.. and I have to be honest the thought did run through my head... but then I stopped myself, because I have to get away for me, for myself..."
He looked at them all.
"They got me good and proper.. everyone always does.. they attack me where it hurts the most, my family... only this time... I have lost it all.. no amount of money, riches and fine things will ever amount to my love for yo mama and all of you... so I've definitely lost..." he said. He paused. "Now I'm gonna need you to take good care of her okay... she acts tough.. but she has to take care of that heart... I've not done a good job of it so you have to.." he said with a small smile for them.

"Why don't we all go?." Keane said. "All of us.. start up somewhere new... as a family.. distance ourselves from the Taylor's?... there is no law saying that we have to stay in LA?.."

"No... I have to go.. you all have lives here and yo mama will be here too.." he told him.

All the kids looked towards Charisma as she stepped out from the shadows. Keegan followed their gazes.
"C?... you!... it was you that got them all here!.."

She nodded as she walked towards him. "Yeah.. I told you I would put it right between you and them.. you're their father no matter what.." she said. "So, Gina came to you.. and you were almost...

He shook his head. "She is not what I want.. she will never be what I want.." he said. "I miss you so much.." he added with tears glistening in his eyes. "I was with you in Nicaragua yet we were so far apart... I have never felt a feeling like that before... and I miss you..."
She just stared at him
"I would never say or do anything to make you feel less about yo self not now, not after all these years... what happened with Gina was not because of yo scars, or because I fell outta love with you.. I need you to believe that... I will only ever, ever love you...."

"It hurt me, I wasn't expecting it and it really, really screwed with me.." she said.

He looked at the floor

He looked at the floor. "You deserve better... which is why I have to go... so, I can't be hurt seeing you out here without me and maybe even moving on later down the line...

"Will you shut up!... just SHUT UP!.." she walked up to him, she grabbed his face and she kissed him.
The kids walked away to give them some privacy.
"I'm not ready to forgive you yet, but if you truly loved me you wouldn't put this guilt trip on me..." she paused. "So I want you to go, take some time out, do what ever it is that you have to do to mend yourself... and we will all be here when you get back....

"C....

"It's over for now Keegan..." she said. "Just come back to us when you're feeling like you're up to it... show your kids the man that you can be without being under the watchful eye of your father and uncles...."

He searched her eyes. "You know Nash wants you...

"Nash has wanted me forever.. it's not going to happen anytime soon..." she said. "If me and you are meant to be then we will find our way back to each other when the time is right..."

"And Arlen?..."

"Goes with you and his two kids... take him today before he has time to run and hide." She smiled.

He smiled back. He then looked at her as his face straightened. "I love you... with everything I have I love you...."

"I know.. and I love you too..." she said. "But you need to get going... good luck Keegan... stay safe..."

He hugged the girls and dapped his sons before looking one more time at Charisma, his heart in two, split down the middle, half of it he knew would be staying right there with her in LA. The other half would suffer until reunited with her again.

He got into Wesley's car alongside Arlen, who knew it would be best for him to go with his father. They all watched as the car pulled away.
Lani hugged her mother, as did Josh. She let the tears fall now that he was gone. The pain was intense but they had to do this it had come to this point.....

This is the end of MP3... MP4 will be up shortly.

Thanks for reading ❤️