Giving in

".... Hey..."

Angel looked up from checking something under the hood of his ride at the chop shop he owned. He smiled. "Lani.. what brings you here.. you shouldn't be here and Julian isn't here?..."

"I know.. I just wondered if I could talk to you..." she said.

He nodded and took her to another car. He opened the doors and they both got in. He sat and looked at her. "What can I do for you?."

"When this issue that everyone is having is over

"When this issue that everyone is having is over... I umm.. well, the girls wanted to go away for a long weekend.. 2 nights or 3 tops... Hawaii or the Caribbean.. we really want Venice to come..."

He nodded and raised his eyebrows. "And you came to me why?.."

"She won't come.. she won't leave you and the kids..." Lani said. "Chloe seems to think that it's because of you.."

Angel looked at her and then frowned.
"You think I'm stopping her from going?..."

"She never wants to go up against you, and she never wants to question anything you say... I'm not saying that she should but surely she's allowed to have fun right?."

He shook his head. "Have I raised a hand to yo sister?.. or my voice even?.. huh?.. you think I don't know what she has been through in her life..." he sighed. "I don't stop her.. I did say it wouldn't be a good idea this time because I am flat out at work... but I never stop her from doing what she wants to do, ever..."

"So, if we can get the kids looked after so you can work.. can she come?..." she asked him.

He nodded. "I don't see why not..." he said.

Lani smiled. "I knew you were cool people Angel.. always." She dapped him and got out of the car.
Angel sat back and watched her leave.

———-

"... you good man?.."

Keegan looked at Wesley. "Naw.. not really... she don't want me back..."

"Maybe it's time to let time be the healer.. just go about yo business and then see how things pan out in a couple of months.."