Chapter 39 - Somethings missing

Later that Night, Knuckles walked back to Angel Island after walking his girlfriend back home. Knuckles thought to himself, "I have been doing so far so good. But what's missing? I gained back our friendship, I earned her forgiveness, and hell I'm even dating her. What is missing? Something is missing."

<meanwhile with Sona>

Sona sighed deeply and said as she closed the door, "What the fuck? What's wrong with me? I'm suppose to be hating him. Do I really love him? I only dated him caused I felt bad for hurting him. Half of me wanted to smack him right across the face but the other half wanted to date him for who he is. I mean I actually thought he was lying but truth is I have been lying to myself from that day. I knew deep down in my heart, that Knuckles is now chasing me but I was too scared to admit. But it was crazy seeing him again after two years, in the past he was a pain in the ass when he and I first met, but he's been doing good fighting along side me when I was once Sonic and when we became friends. He and I were as close as buddies shoulda been just as much as I was friends with Tails. I teased him because I liked him more than a friend. He has a point I was a little too cocky back then." She then got her favorite night clothes and took off the clothes she had on as she entered the bathroom. She then said to herself as she entered and turned on the shower, "It was just insanity at least until what he confirmed is true. I mean, we aren't so different, we both fight for what's right, we just do it from opposite sides now. The question is: is he even okay dating a anti-hero? I dunno." Sona can feel water dripping down her body as she washed her hair with shampoo that smelled like lavender. She then said to herself, "I haft to admit Knuckles proved something. Of all the god damn boys that I kept rejecting, he proved himself that he couldn't quit."

<meanwhile with Knuckles>

Knuckles sat down on the emerald shrine and said as he looked at the view of the woods, "Ever since Scourge turned Manic and Sonic into women (cause they were willing to start a new life as a couple of sisters), the town has been crook free due to their charms and murder. Then again their anti-heroes. What can I expect from them. But something is missing but what?" He placed a hand on his chin and asked, "What is missing? What else can I do?"

<meanwhile with Sona>

Just after Sona got out of the shower and in her favorite night clothes, she sat on the floor and turned on the Tv to watch some romantic movie or the news. Sona sighed and said with a sad look, "I should feel happy but why aren't I? Do I miss something? What is it?" Sona sighed before she saw the news, regarding the disappearance of who she once was. Jasmine said to the audience, "Its been approximately 3 years already since the hedgehog brothers Sonic and Manic have disappeared and yet no has any clues but an update has been brought by their two friends Miles Prower and Boomer Kenzie." She looked to see Tails in tears as he explained that Sonic and Manic have been at the city all along. But she heard what Tails said something just after Jasmine Fox asked 'if there was anything they like to say if Sonic and Manic are listening'. Tails said to the audience, "Sonic? I dunno if your listening but If you are listening, I want you to know that I'm sorry. Boomer and I shoulda remembered earlier then you and Manic would still be here. I'm sorry Sonic. If we are the cause of both your disappearances then we are sorry. We let you both down." He sniffed as Boomer comfort him and said, "Manic? I hope you and your brother are okay. We wish we see you both again. You are our most awesome buddies ever." Boomer had tears in his eyes before he said, "I mean, Knuckles misses you, I miss you, Tails misses you, even Shawn misses you. We all miss you guys. I hope you both are safe and can come back to us." She sniffed before a familiar voice, "Guess they did remember by the time we left."'she turn to see Marinette. Her older sister then said, "I miss Boomer but what can we do sis? There's no turning back." Sona nodded in agreement and said, "I can never speed again not ever."

(Meanwhile with Knuckles)

Knuckles had thought and thought until an idea clicked into his mind. Knuckles said to himself, "So thats what's missing. I better give Scourge a call." He rushed to his hut, dialed Scourge, and waited. Scourge picked up and said, "Sup?" Knuckles replied, "Scourge? It's me, we need to talk."