Chapter 26 - Explanation part 1

A few weeks later, Knuckles was released (again) he had to go for a walk in the park and sighed deeply. Knuckles then said, "I dunno if I'm goin crazy or not but I think I'm having a crush on Sona. But I haft to keep things slow and smooth with her. If I'm gonna get to know her I gotta have her at least explain what really happened 2 years ago." Thats when he spies Sona in a pretty blue outfit at the park. A few guys were talking to her and flirting with her. That's made Knuckles jealousy rose like a boiling pot of hot water. Before one of the few guys can flirt with her, Knuckles grabbed a hold of her and pulled her close. Knuckles gave them a death glare. Sona was surprised that he reacted like that. Sona blushed a bright red as she was in Knuckles arms. All of the guys were frightened as one of them said as he backed up, "Uhh Nice boyfriend you got there. Sorry to bug you. Let's scram." Thats when they ran off. Sona asked, "Really?" Knuckles let's go of her and said as he looked away and crossed his arms, "Look I-I don't like anyone looking at you like that. Besides i-it's makes me uncomfortable." Sona asked with a raised brow, "Are you jealous?" Knuckles was hesitant before he said, "Yes." Sona raised a brow and said, "I bet your wondering how this came to be. correct?" Knuckles replied, "Yeah but I doubt you wanna talk about it." Sona then said, "True to that. But not in public at least. If you really wanna know then we should go somewhere private." Knuckles turn to her and said, "Maybe we should go to Angel Island with me. No one goes there anymore." Sona didn't actually think of setting foot there again. But what choice does she have? She sighed deeply and said with a flat tone, "Oh okay. I will."

<later after they arrive.>

Knuckles sat down while looking at Sona sitting next to him while her long quills blew in the wind slowly. Knuckles said as he broke the silence, "You know you look a lot better in blue than pink." Sona replied flatly, "How flattering. Believe me, I didn't want to wear this but the outfit I always wear was still in the laundry room from last nights coffee." Knuckles said as he placed a hand on hers, "I'm serious. You actually look better in blue." Sona felt flattered but she doesn't show it. Knuckles then asked, "So what happened 2 years ago?" Sona hesitated before she said, "Well it all started out 2 years ago just after our last argument."

<2 years earlier>

It felt like time slowed down, Sonic watched Knuckles resumes to walk to Shadows apartment in tears. He was heart broken but as if it wasn't bad enough, Sonic got hit from the moving car. As a result, he got hurt badly. Sonic was on his hands and knees while his nose bled with bruises and severe injuries. The driver of the car 'who got out of the car and checked on him' asked, "Hey are you okay over there?" Sonic stood up and said, "I'm fine I gotta get to a doctor." The driver asked, "Do you need me to drive you?" Sonic shook his head and said, "No I'll run." Though Sonic ran normally. No speed was happening. Though once Sonic almost arrived. He noticed something, he didn't run like he normally did. But that's when reality hits him like a meteor. Sonic lost lost his speed. He felt like everything is falling apart. He then went to the hospital and got his injuries taken care of.

(A few minutes later)

Sonic was bandaged up as the nurse said, "Well luckily you survive being hit. But you need to be more careful Mr. Hedgehog." Sonic nods and said, "Don't worry I will. Thank you." The nurse replied as Sonic walked off, "anytime Mr. Hedgehog." Sonic felt hurt but nothing hurts worst than a broke heart. Sonic muttered, "Stupid Knuckles. He broke my heart. I'm so hurt and normal because of him. Maybe I should a new life." A familiar female voice said, "Hi Sonic." The blue hedgehog turn to see Amy. He then greeted her, "Hello Amy." The pink hedgehog looked a little pale than before. She then asked, "Is something wrong?" Sonic sighed and said, "I had a crush on Knuckles but he doesn't love me. He only likes Shadow. He pushed me in front of a moving car. Now thanks to him I can't run fast anymore. I'm now just like everyone else." Amy felt sad before she said, "I'm so sorry to hear that Sonic. But listen even if your born normal I still love you. I know I'm not one of those sweet and perfect girls but... Your really sweet." Sonic replied, "Maybe I shoulda loved you from the beginning." Amy then asked, "Can you hang out with me?" Sonic smiled and said, "I like to." Amy chuckled happily before she coughed. Sonic asked, "You okay? You look pale Amy. Should I..?" Amy quickly replied, "No. I'm okay. Really. I'm having a little cold that's all." Though Any lied. It was no cold. She was here at the hospital cause the doctor said she had lung cancer and it's more aggressive than before and she only has about a month or two to live. She hoped to do one thing before she dies. That one thing is hanging out with Sonic. That's when Sonic replied, "Well go easy on yourself okay?" Thats when Sonic took her hand and said, "It's time I accept your love Amy." That made Any very happy and she was in tears of joy. That's when Amy hugged him and said, "Thank you." Amy then thought, "I guess I'm gonna have my wish after all. I will die a happy girl."