Chapter 6 - Break up

2 years later

It was about 2 years later, during those 2 years of being together, Shadow started to feel no interest in his boyfriend 'Knuckles'. They were engaged but Shadow is slowly feeling no love for him. Shadow just didn't see any reason to stay with Knuckles what so ever. Though during time, he started to fall for someone else. Someone 'who was once in Knuckles life and is related to Sonic'. Knuckles worried that Shadow is mad at him for something. Though he didn't know it was something else. Shadow was seeing another while they were dating. Call it cheating or falling out of love. That's when one night; it happens. Shadow came to the island to see Knuckles 'who was getting suspicious'. Knuckles asked, "What have you been doing Shadow? You haven't been with me lately! Why?" Shadow had a straight face and said, "Knuckles to tell you the truth. I think it's best if we break up." Knuckles eyes widened in horror as he said, "Wh-what? No! You can't do that! Your my boyfriend. W-what made you do this? Did I do something wrong?" Shadow sighed deeply and said, "No. I don't think we can be together anymore. The engagement is off." Knuckles started to have tears before he said, "Y-you can't... I love you. You were my meaning to life." Shadow shook his head and said, "I can't be with you. Besides you have your duties to protect the master emerald." Shadow walked off as Knuckles said in a heartbreaking tone, "But Shadow you can't do this to me. I wanted to be with you." Shadow interrupted coldly, "Will you just stop? I don't love you anymore! I'm sorry but we are through." Shadow exited the island as Knuckles in heartache went on his knees and cried. Under the moonlight he can see the tears glowing in the moonlight. He can feel his heart breaking.