86 | trembling and weak

Mattheo's POV

The boys and I wait impatiently and on edge, each of us scattered around the room, our eyes locked on that white door in the distance. I crack my neck, and take a deep breath, trying to ignore any petty feelings of anxiety or stress.

But it's true, I'm so stressed out. I'm worried, for her. For my Layla. No girl has ever made me feel this way. It was never supposed to happen like this but she- she's just something else.

She has my heart racing in worry, my whole body just craving to know whether she's okay. I cannot wait any longer.

"Where the hell is Enzo?" I ask the boys through the ear piece.

"It's been two minutes lad. Wait a little longer." Nott sighs.

"I'm going in."

"Don't fuck up your own plan mate. She'll be okay. Enzo knows what he's doing." Malfoy adds.

"Now the ferret is taking Enzo's side. Never thought I'd see the day." Blaise scoffs.

"Guys shut up." Dylan scoffs. "We need to focus."

I take a shot of fire whiskey and let out a breath.

"I'm so close to just blowing this place up." I whisper lowly, making sure to be aware of the people around me.

Suddenly, I notice the white door, slowly opening. I blink my eyes, to make sure I'm not dreaming and move closer, to get a better look.

"Guys-" Nott says, all the boys also noticing what's going on.

We wait, and our eyes widen to notice Enzo now in his normal form, walking through the door.

My heart skips a beat.

His arm is around her frail little body, holding her up as they return.

She looks so weak. What the fuck has he done to her!?

Enzo carries her, quickening her pace and he looks up at all of us.

"WE HAVE TO GO! NOW!" He exclaims.

I rush down the stairs, barging past people trying to get to them, to get to Layla. When suddenly, guns are fired and everyone starts to freak out.

Right now, I'm focused on nothing but her. Everyone barges past, rushing to get out and the boys and I get our weapons out, defending ourselves against Henry's goons.

I make it to the ground floor, and find Enzo holding onto Layla tightly, but I look across and standing at the other side of the room is Spector. Black smoke radiates off of him, his eyes dark and deadly as they lock onto my girl.

Layla's head hangs low, and she doesn't look up. Something's wrong.

"ENZO, GET HER OUT OF HERE!" I shout, just as Spector casts a spell that makes its way towards the two of them, I instantly cast a defence with my wand, blocking his attack, but as soon as I do so...

A gun shot is heard.

Spector disappears out of no where, and I hurry towards Layla and Enzo. They're on the floor.

I tower above them, and notice Layla holding Enzo in her arms. She slowly looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine. They're glossy, and I can't read her facial expression.

"E-Enzo." Is all she whispers, and my eyes meet my friends body, a small pool of blood surrounding him.

"BLAISE! BLAISE!" I yell and crouch beside Berkshire, taking him out of Layla's trembling hands.

"It's alright boss." Enzo stutters weakly. "I'm alright."

The boys come rushing over and Blaise immediately gets his things out.

"What happened!?" Theodore shouts.

"He got shot." Layla replies, tears flooding out of her eyes. "He saved me."

Blaise takes Enzo from me, and feeds him some of his concoctions. I instantly move to Layla's side, pulling her in close to me.

"This should stop the bleeding." Zabini tells us. "But I'm not sure how much more I can do here. We need to get back to base, now."

The boys nod, and I stand up, picking up Layla and holding her body as I look over at the boys.

"Spector's gone. And we know where he's heading next." I tell them. "Hogwarts."

"We need to get there before he does." Malfoy nods.

Before we head back, I look down at Layla and her eyes are barely open.

"I'm okay Mattheo." A small smile forms on her face. "I knew you'd save me."

I plant a kiss on her forehead, and her eyes close. I can't imagine what she must've gone through, what conditions she was put in.

"Blaise, Layla will be going back to base with you too. She's too weak to fight. She needs to heal."

***

Author's POV

The group make it back to Hogwarts. Liam and Blaise take Enzo and Layla back to base so they can heal, whilst Riddle, Nott, Jacobs and Malfoy rush inside the castle. They bust through the doors of the Great Hall, to find Professor McGonagall.

Her eyes widen in surprise as the boys rush in, but her face is serious... as if she knows.

"He's coming, isn't he?" She asks.

"Yes Professor. I'm afraid so." Riddle replies.

"We've spotted most of his goons outside the border of the Forbidden Forest. They're making their way to the castle."

"OH FUCK!" Nott exclaims. "Enzo and Layla! They're on their way there now!"

"SHIT!" Riddle shouts. "Professor, when did Spector's goons arrive?"

"Just now. They appeared out of no where."

"Okay we needn't worry then. We'll have to hope that Blaise and Liam have already made it to base." Mattheo adds.

"Boys, what is going on?" McGonagall asks.

"Professor, gather all the students and teachers. I fear there's a war upon us. Spector will attack the castle, there's no doubt about that. Layla and Enzo are injured, but they're getting treated. To protect the castle, if Spector shows up... we take the fight to the Forbidden Forest." Mattheo tells her, as well as the boys.

"You boys can't fight him on your own!" She protests. "I will not allow this to happen."

"You have to trust us, Professor. We have a base set up there that will help us. Now please! Hurry! The students must wake up!"