33 | vanilla and strawberries

Mattheo sends her a death stare before turning away and storming off once again.

"For fucks sake." Layla groans and points her hand towards him, ready to use her magic on him.

"Don't you even think about it." He mumbles, but loud enough for her to hear his deep voice.

He isn't even facing her, and his instincts of her next moves are always correct - one of the things Layla hated about him the most.

"How-"

"I know you too well Lopez." He says, before heading off.

"WAIT!"

"The fuck do you want?" He turns around angrily.

"The soulmate predictor thing. It was my initia-"

"No. It wasn't." He mutters, his eyes showing anger even more now.

"It was, and you know it. But forget that..." Layla mumbles.

"And who's initials did you get? Hm?" He asks, raising a brow.

"Forget it! But who's scent did you smell?"

"One of my bitches."

"Oh yeah because you pull so many." She sniggers.

"I do."

"Don't think i'm one of them." She rolls her eyes.

"I have no interest in you Lopez. Give it a rest."

"Give it a rest!?" She scoffs. "You think I like you or something!?"

"Yeah, actually."

"If anything you like me Riddle." She laughs. "L.D.L? Fucking vanilla and strawberries!?"

"And? It's not you."

"You're in denial and you know it."

"Don't think I'll ever even think about liking you Lopez, Luna's fucking 'soulmate predictor' is a load of bullshit."

"And the Amortentia?"

He smirks for a second and looks down with a light chuckle, making Layla look at him curiously.

"I've fucked a lot of bitches who smell like vanilla and strawberries Layla." He says, looking up at her with a glare on his face now. "If you think I smelt you, you must be mad."

With that, Layla stands there in shock, watching as he walks away and disappears behind a corner.

***

"Layla! Hey!" Enzo calls out as Layla enters the loud dining hall filled with chattering students eating their dinner.

Layla spots them, but also spots Mattheo sitting with them, and contemplates whether she really has the energy to be in his presence right now.

She decides to sit with them because she also notices Luna sat with Blaise. But as soon as she takes a seat with the boys, he instantly stands up and takes his plate of food with him, before sitting with some random Hufflepuff girls, who start batting their lashes and the rest of it.

"God. What's his problem?" Layla sighs as she begins to put some food in for herself.

"I'm guessing he's in one of his moods because of you, Layla?" Theodore, who's sitting opposite her, asks.

"I'm assuming so. He has a tendency to argue with me a lot, I can't lie."

"What was the argument about his time?"

"The soulmate predictor and the amortentia." Layla says, and as soon as she mentions the word 'amortentia', Dylan and Theodore choke on their food.

"Oh, if it's about the soulmate predictor, Mattheo somehow..." Luna starts, a small smile forming on her sweet face. "He somehow fixed it? I don't know how, but it's a miracle!"

Layla looks at her in shock. "No way."

"Yes way." Blaise replies.

"Wow. Didn't know he had the empathy in him to do that."

"Neither did we." Blaise says. "Anyway, about the amortentia you were talking about?"

"Oh yeah... he claims that the vanilla and strawberry scent was someone else? I don't know... he was being really weird about it." Layla tells the group.

"Oh. Layla don't you use vanilla and strawberry shower gel? And perfume? I thought you told me it was your favourite scent." Luna mentions and everyone goes silent, including Dylan and Theodore who just look down at their food awkwardly.

"Um yes." Layla coughs, and Blaise whispers something into Luna's ear, probably informing her that Dylan and Theodore also smelt the same scent.

"ANYWAY." Draco says loudly all of a sudden. "Enough of this." He says, clearing his throat before he passes a parchment of paper across the table to Layla, and she looks down at it confused but Theodore whispers to her.

"Not now." He says, raising his brows, taking a glance at Luna.

It must be about training or something.

"Come on Luna I want to show you something." Blaise says awkwardly and she just nods, before the two of them head out of the Great Hall.

Layla reads the paper and it says:

Training at the base. Midnight tonight.

"You could have just told me this in person." She says, and the paper burns and disappears into thin air once she's read it.

"This is a top secret thing Lopez. Everything has to be kept confidential and quiet. We can't trust anyone here." Draco tells her.

Layla looks around but she only sees people chattering away, some girls glancing at the boys, and then of course Mattheo, still flirting with the Hufflepuffs.

He really knows how to make my blood boil.

***

Once everyone is fast asleep in their dorms, Layla gets up out of bed to get ready for training.

Training at midnight? Riddle must be going mental. Correction - we already know he's mental but still. Midnight!?

Unsure what clothes are suitable for her training session, she decides to wear her gym clothes.

Imma cover up with a top, it's going to be freezing on our way there.

Once she's ready she heads down to the common room, to find all the guys waiting for her. Theodore and Dylan's eyes open wide as she approaches them.

"Eyes up boys. Vanilla and strawberries my ass." She scoffs, before walking past them towards Blaise.

"You ready Layla?" Blaise asks.

"Yep."

"Okay so- if you don't mind... us guys wondered..."

"Wondered what Blaise?" She asks.

"Well you see-"

"Get to the point." Draco rolls his eyes.

"Would it be possible for you to cloak us with invisibility? That way it'd be easier for us to head down to base..." Blaise says. "If you want, of course."

"Yeah sure I don't mind... although I've only tried invisibility on myself. Not a group of people." Layla explains.

"Just do it, Lopez." Draco sighs, rolling his eyes.