53 | the saviour's arrival

The boys and Layla gather in the Slytherin common room, getting ready to walk to the Great Hall together.

"Hey Layla!" Pansy says, rushing over to Layla. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

"Hey Pans. Yeah I know... I've just been a bit busy I guess." Layla shrugs. "Skipped school yesterday." She tells her, and the boys watch their interaction, making sure Layla doesn't accidentally spill the truth about where she was.

"Ah okay." Pansy shrugs.

"Does anyone even know what this stupid assembly is about?" Astoria asks. "Ugh, I didn't even get to do my makeup properly!"

"Your makeup is fine, Astoria. You look pretty." Enzo says to her and she begins to blush.

"Ooo." Theodore and Dylan coo, Enzo whacking the both of them in annoyance.

"Can we please just leave now?" Draco asks, and they all sigh and make their way to the Great Hall, the whole school practically already there.

The group sit down at the Slytherin tables, everyone watching them as they take their seats, but a group of people in particular who won't take their eyes off of them - the Golden Trio.

Layla sits beside Mattheo and she whispers into his ear, "Why are the Golden Trio staring at us as if they know something?"

"I don't know." Mattheo shrugs. "If they do know something I'll end them within seconds."

"Mattheo-"

"Don't worry, I'm joking." He laughs. "I'll politely ask them not to expose us."

Layla rolls her eyes and the assembly begins, with Professor McGonagall trying to gain the students attention. Eventually, the hall is silent, and she begins to speak.

"Good morning students. Today, we have been welcomed to a quite nice surprise. As you all know, the Order went through thick and thin, trying to defeat Voldemort and his death eaters. I'm not going to repeat the events that occurred because I'm sure we're all just trying to forget." The Professor pauses for a second, taking a breath before continuing, the boys and Layla watching her intensely. "Well as you know, the Order also had some brilliant investors that we all know about. And today, our school is welcomed with one of them, and I'd like you all to make them feel at home. Please welcome, Henry Peters."

Everyone's heads turn towards the grand doors of the hall which swing open, and someone comes striding in, making the school start clapping in celebration.

"Oh god." Layla gasps, Mattheo and the boys all looking at each other in shock and confusion.

"Composure lads. Act as if you know nothing." Mattheo tells them.

"Mattheo-" Layla says looking at him, and he holds onto her hand tightly. "He's going to recognise me."

"No, he's not. Don't worry." He tells her.

"Why the fuck did she say his name is Henry Peters?" Enzo asks in confusion.

"I'm guessing that's his undercover name. Only the evil side of the Order, as well as us, knows who Henry Spector is." Liam whispers. "But we can't let anyone know that."

"Everyone else thinks he's a bloody saviour." Draco scoffs. "Fucking disgusting."

They all watch as Spector makes his way over to the podium, as Professor McGonagall brings out the sorting hat. She places it on his head, but for some reason... the hat takes a while. Everyone starts whispering in confusion as they watch.

"It's because he has two different fucking personalities." Theodore scoffs. "Peters and then Spector. That hat knows he's deceiving."

A few moments later, the hat calls out, "Gryffindor!"

"Of course." Draco laughs, and the boys look at each other worriedly as Spector makes his way over to the Gryffindor tables, being welcomed with many smiles and handshakes, as they all start celebrating.

"This is mental." Enzo says. "What the fuck are we meant to do now?"

"It's even better Enzo. Now we have him on our watch twenty four seven. We'll track his every move, and every person he talks to. When the time is right, he's a fucking dead man." Mattheo tells them, his glare not leaving Spector as he clenches his jaw.

The breakfast finally arrives, appearing on everyone's tables.

"What a feast." Enzo says, getting excited.

"They really went all out for Spect- I mean Peters arrival." Blaise sighs and they all begin to dig in, the silence between them almost deafening, even amongst the other students chattering away happily.

They all eat, just glaring at Spector, their eyes not moving off of him.

"I'm going to speak to him." Layla says out of now here, breaking the silence and Enzo and Theodore choke on their food at the same time.

"You must be mad." Theo gasps.

"Lopez are you actually being serious right now?" Mattheo asks, looking at her as if to say, "What the fuck?"

"No. I am being serious. I need to see if he recognises me. Everything that happened at the gala event happened so quickly. The only person's face he properly saw was Mattheo's, and probably Liam's." She explains to them, lowering her voice so no one hears.

"He definitely knows who we are Layla. It's not difficult to put two and two together." Theo says and she sighs.

"Well someone's going to have to figure out his intentions. I don't know how you guys plan on doing that." She says, taking a bite of her toast.

"Yeah, what are we going to do Mattheo?" Liam asks him.

Mattheo clenches his jaw, and for the first time, he looks away from Spector and looks around at the group sitting with him.

"I don't know." Is all he says, and they furrow their brows, confused that he doesn't have a plan.

He always seems to have a plan.

"I'm going to make him tell me everything." Layla says. "My unspoken rizz will do the trick." She smirks, and Enzo holds out both of his hands, giving a double high five to her.

"YES!" Enzo cheers. "UNSPOKEN RIZZ!"

"Lopez has no game whatsoever." Draco scoffs.

"I can charm a man. It's not hard." She shrugs. "I'll make him come to me. Get him to make the first move, so it's less suspicious."

"It could work you know." Dylan says. "Layla's leng."

"Calm down Jacobs." Mattheo rolls his eyes. "This isn't going to work."

"It might do." Blaise says. "I think it will."

"I think so too." Layla agrees. "How else are we going to get the information out of him?"

"How are you going to gain his trust though?" Liam asks.

Layla sits up straight and cracks her knuckles, when she says, "I have a plan."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

(Author's note: just in case you guys forgot what Henry Spector looked like

(Author's note: just in case you guys forgot what Henry Spector looked like. Unfortunately, he is hot.)