55 | first interaction

A drop of sweat drips down the side of Layla's face, as she feels her hands shaking, when she takes a gulp. Henry 'Peters' or Spector or whatever continues to stride down the hallways next to her, not saying a word.

"So... Henry." Layla smiles nervously, looking up at him. "I... how did you know my name?"

"Oh you know." He shrugs. "You and your friends attacked me the other day. It's lovely to see your face again though."

Layla's heart drops as she looks at him confused.

"Not to worry. People make mistakes." He says, and Layla takes a deep breath, not knowing what game he's playing.

"I... I was just doing what I was told." Layla gulps,  when suddenly, he grabs her by the neck and pulls her into a random broom closet in the hallways, slamming the door shut as he grips onto her neck tightly, making it slightly difficult to breathe.

I can't use my powers. Not just yet.

"Who was that guy with you, that day at the gala event, hmm? I saw him with you again in the hall. Tell me. Who is he?" He spits, his voice getting louder and more aggressive.

"That's Mattheo Martinez." She barely makes out, holding onto his hands that grip her neck tightly. "I work for him. He made me attack you."

"That was some impressive wand magic there Layla. Unfortunately, I had to go in a rush. So I didn't stop to see your friends." He says, tilting his head as he looks her up and down.

Wand magic? He thinks I used my wand?

"I uh... yeah. I don't know who the other boys were. Mattheo just told me I was going to go with him there... and when I saw him fighting you I had to defend." Layla explains, lying with much ease but it's hard to when he's got her in a chokehold.

Finally, he lets go, and she lets out a long breath.

"Oh god." She gasps, holding onto her neck.

"Layla Lopez, is it?" He asks, grabbing her face to make her look at him.

"Yes." She says quietly, not knowing what's going to come next.

I can't even use my powers now to defend myself. He doesn't know I have them. Oh god. This is a good thing but a bad thing at the same time. How am I meant to fight back!?

"Seems like we're family friends." He laughs, letting go of her face.

"We are?" She asks, lying once more.

"Yes. I knew your parents very well. I knew you existed too. You were always so annoying as a child."

"How come I don't remember you?" Layla asks, but then it clicks to her.

The obliviation spell. Eventhough I'm immune to it now, there was a time where I wasn't immune. It was probably one of the first times my parents used it on me. To make sure I never remembered that Henry Spector exists.

"My name is sacred." He states. "Tell me, what's my name?"

"Henry Peters? That's what I heard McGonagall say in the first place." Layla shrugs, acting oblivious.

"Very good." He grins maliciously. "I'm a good person Layla. Remember that."

"I know you are Henry. I've heard great things about you." She smiles, wanting to throw up on the inside.

"Then why did you attack me?"

"Mattheo pays a lot of money to work for him." She responds quickly, her lies flowing out of her mouth with rapid ease.

"I see... well. You should know, I also pay a lot. More than he ever could." He smirks, and a smile forms on her face.

"I'd love to work for you Henry. Ri- Martinez has been getting on my nerves recently. He is not a good person." She says, her heart beating fast when she nearly slips up with Riddle's name.

"I've seen your capabilities with the wand. But how do I know I can trust you?" He asks, looking down at her.

"You're a family friend. So you're basically one of us. And I never betray family."

That's a big fat lie. I killed my parents. And this guy who thinks he's sooo powerful, is completely oblivious. I have the upper hand here. I need to remember that.

"Well, let it be known." He spits, gripping onto her neck tightly once again, pushing her hard against the closet door, as her back collides with it. "If I ever find out you've turned against me, you'll be dead within seconds Layla Lopez. You understand?" He seethes, his hold against my neck getting tighter.

"Yes. I understand."

"You better. Because personally I think pretty girls are too valuable to be killed, and we don't want that to happen to you."

"Mhm." Layla nods.

"Now go, and don't you dare tell anyone about this encounter." He orders, pushing her out of the closet as she walks away, shaking in fear.

Oh my god.

Layla rushes to potions, covering her sore red neck with her hand as she fast walks all the way to class. Once she's in the classroom, everyone turns to look at her, including Mattheo.

He furrows his brows, looking at her neck, and then looking at her worriedly.

"Layla what happened to you?"

Spector happened.

Layla makes her way to the Professor at the front of the classroom and whispers something in her ear, and the Professor nods, and Layla makes her way over to not her usual seat beside Mattheo.

Instead she takes a seat in the empty row in front of him. As she does, everyone turns to look at her confused but she makes eye contact with none of them, instead opening up her notebook and concentrating on that.

Mattheo. Can you hear me?

"Yes Layla. I'm trying to figure out what happened but your thoughts are clouded with emotions. I'm so confused."

Listen, Spector and I had a chat. He knows who you are. And he knows who I am. But he doesn't know who any of the boys are, but I fear he's going to figure it out soon. He agreed to let me work with him, but I'll explain the details to you after.

"Wait what!? Hold up."

He also doesn't know about my powers. He thought I used wand magic! But he told me that me and him were family friends, eventhough I already knew that, I pretended as if I didn't know. He also believes I'm oblivious in knowing that his real name is Spector. He doesn't know I know about who he really is.

"Layla. This is great! We have the upper hand!"

Yes I know.

"Wait... did he hurt you? I saw you holding your neck..."

It was a repeat of the Ryle situation Mattheo. I was so fucking scared. I couldn't even use my powers to defend myself.

"Oh god, I really am going to kill that son of a bitch."

Not yet Riddle. Now don't speak to me for this lesson. Spector will be joining us soon.

"He has potions too!?"

Unfortunately, yeah.

"I swear to god if he tries to sit next to you-"

Mattheo. Give it a rest you're just going to ruin the plan.

"Oh I'm sorry for fucking caring about you Layla. I apologise."