05 | the slytherin party

Layla was told that the party tonight would take place in the Slytherin common room. She didn't even know if she'd actually go or not, seen as though it's happening very late at night, and Layla was exhausted.

She didn't want to bother Pansy and borrow a dress, seen as though she could have conjured up one herself, but she did promise Mrs Stokes that she would not use her magic, whatever the case.

The party was in about an hour so Layla decided to get ready.

"I'm so excited!" Astoria squeals. This isn't even Astoria's dorm, but she's getting dressed here anyway. Layla didn't mind though. Pansy and Astoria seem to be like two peas in a pod.

Once Layla is finally ready, the girls look at her in awe.

"Oh. My. God." They both say in unison, making Layla laugh.

"This dress is beautiful Pansy, thank you so much."

"Girl, you look so hot! Come sit down, let us do your makeup and hair!" Astoria says, and Layla sits down at the vanity.

She didn't expect the two girls to be so kind and welcoming, and she never expected to possibly have the chance of making any friends in Slytherin. She tends to avoid them, seen as though both her parents were in Gryffindor, and so is her boyfriend.

So Ryle took it upon himself to tell her to stay away from all Slytherins. She did protest, but he just said that it's for the best, and any more association with Slytherins would just cause conflict.

"No one there would like you anyway, no offence. You're too involved with Gryffindor." Ryle told her.

This did upset Layla a bit but she tried to understand what he meant and eventually got over it.

Astoria and Pansy finally finished Layla's hair and makeup, so the three of them stood up and Astoria linked to both of their arms.

"Now, time to outshine everyone else." Astoria says.

"That'll be easy, we look super hot." Pansy adds.

They head out of their dorm and to the Slytherin common room, to be introduced to the smell of alcohol and weed.

The loud music pounds throughout the room and Layla, being the paranoid person she is, casts a silencing spell so no one from outside the common room can hear the racket.

Someone probably already cast the spell, but she just wanted to make sure.

"Right, let's make our way to the dance floor!" Pansy says but Layla stops in her tracks.

"I'm sorry girls, I just need to go find Luna. I'll be back though!" She shouts over the loud music.

"Yeah, that's fine!" Astoria says with a smile and the two girls head off to the dance floor.

Layla looks around, budging past the crowd of people until she sees Cho Chang, who she knows to be in Ravenclaw.

"Hey, Cho!" Layla says.

"Hey Layla! I'm guessing you're looking for Luna?" She giggles.

"Aha, yes I am." Layla smiles.

"She's just over there by the bar. She looks a bit upset to be honest."

"Really? Thanks Cho I better go see if she's okay." Layla spots Luna by the bar and rushes to her, Luna's face lighting up as soon as she sees her best friend.

"Luna, you look beautiful!" Layla says, admiring her friend wearing a long party dress, which looks stunning on her. Luna never wears clothes like this, so she wondered why she was all dressed up. "What's wrong? You seem upset?"

"Oh, it's nothing..." Luna shakes her head.

"It's okay, you can tell me. I know when something is up."

"Well uh... the boy I was expecting to be here, well... he isn't here." She shrugs.

"Ah... I see. Blaise is it?"

"What? How do you know?"

"I'm your best friend Luna. I know these things." Layla winks.

"Yes, it's Blaise and I've been looking for him for ages. He's the one who invited me."

"Well don't worry Luna, I'm sure something just came up for him. But do ask him if you see him. He shouldn't have just stood you up."

"Yes, I'll ask."

"Anyways, let's go to the dance floor!"

"Okay!"

With that, the two best friends head to the dance floor, dancing away and having fun. When suddenly, Layla senses someone approaching her from behind.

She turns around to find a boy smiling at her.

"Hello." He says nervously, and she looks at him in confusion.

"Hello?"

That's when Layla notices Harry and Ron standing near behind him, looking at him giggling. Layla realises what's happening.

"I'm Seamus, um, you look beautiful tonight." He tells her, and now Layla realises he has a strong Irish accent with the more words he's said.

"Thank you Seamus. Uh aha..." she laughs nervously, not knowing what to say.

"Ugh, shut up!" He says suddenly turning his head around, startling her, but then she realised Harry and Ron laughing at him. "Oh, sorry about that..."

"It's okay." She laughs.

"Okay, well do you want to dance with me?"

"Uh, sure why not." She shrugs and they dance for a while.

"What's he doing?" Luna whispers to Layla. "Looks like he's got a bit of a crush."

"Oh no way. He just wants to dance."

They dance for a bit and Seamus suddenly reaches for her waist, she laughs nervously and slowly pushes his hands away and they continue dancing.

But just then, she feels a sudden rush of coldness, like a swift movement, passing behind her. The hairs on her neck stand up and she quickly turns around but finds no one.

She stands there for a moment, looking around, one hundred percent sure that someone was behind her.

"Layla? Are you okay?" Luna asks her and she quickly blinks out of her trance.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine." She says, shaking her head.

But when she turns back around, Seamus is no where to be found.

"Where's Seamus?"