51 | pinky promise

Mattheo's POV

"What do you want me to say to you Layla?" I ask, looking her up and down, taking in the sight of her being on top of me.

She has a knife against my throat right now... but god I really am enjoying it.

"You're acting as if nothing even happened. With Liam? What's up with that? You just walked out. And now... you're telling me there's nothing to cry about?" She takes a deep breath.

I move my hand from her waist to touch her cheek but she swats it away, pinning my hand down to the bed.

"I'm not good with handling my emotions Layla. You got that right the first time." I say with a sigh and she tilts her head, expecting me to say more so I do. "I just don't like this whole situation... ever since we found out about Spector - it's just getting to me. And I don't know how to fucking deal with it."

"So you act as if there's nothing wrong?"

"Exactly that." I say, looking away from her, but she holds my chin and tilts my head to look at her, just as I did to her.

"Well, you don't have to put on an act all the time Mattheo. Bottling up your emotions ain't good." She tells me, moving the knife away from my throat. "If you ever need to speak about anything... about the whole situation... you can talk to me. Although I'm a mess too, with everything that's happened. So just talk to me Mattheo. It's not hard."

"Bottling up my emotions is all I've ever done though. I've gotten this far. I'm coping." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"You're not coping Mattheo. At all. Just talk to me about it."

I laugh a little and she looks at me confused. I wave my hand, motioning it to tell her to come closer.

As she does, I grip onto her neck and whisper into her ear lowly, "It's hard for me to talk to you when you're sitting on my dick like that Layla."

She scoffs and looks at me, holding onto either side of my face whilst staring into my eyes.

"Do I turn you on Riddle?" She asks with a smirk across her face.

"Nope. Not at all." I blatantly lie, with a smirk across my face too as I sit up on the bed, holding her thighs.

"We're meant to be having a serious conversation and you can't keep your dick in your pants." She scoffs.

"You're getting no dick tonight. Sorry love." I say with a smile, planting a kiss right next to her lips on her cheek and she lets out a breath.

"Almost believed you were going to kiss me then Riddle." She smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Nah. We're meant to dislike each other to a high extent, aren't we princess?"

"Oh god." She rolls her eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." She says, her eyes still in on mine.

"You don't have feelings for me... do you?" I ask her, and she looks at me blankly.

There's a couple of seconds of awkward silence until she speaks again.

"Why do you make it sound like it would be a bad thing?" She replies, tilting her head.

"So... you do have feelings for me?"

"I never said that Riddle." She huffs, getting off of my lap and sitting beside me on the bed. "Do I make it seem like I do?"

"Sometimes." I shrug. "When you gaze into my eyes from time to time. Sorry, I mean every second I'm around you."

"Gaze into your eyes? I'm sorry what is this? Some sort of romantic movie? I would never. No. Ew." She replies, looking away in disgust.

"You do do it Lopez. Let's be honest." I shrug with a laugh.

"Well, if we're being honest. You want me. You've made that clear multiple times." She says, looking at me now.

I turn my body to face her properly and she does the same. Our hands on the bed, and they slowly interlock with each other's. God, I don't know why they do that. Our hands always seem to need to be contact when we're around each other.

"Want you?" I laugh.

"Yes Riddle. You want me." She repeats and I look down with a smile before looking up to her.

"When I mean I want you Layla... it means I want to fuck you. Hard. Right there and then. But of course, that can't happen. Not yet anyway." I say and she looks at me shell shocked.

"You horny lil freak." She says, looking up and down at me. "Well I guess you speak the truth. I am pretty sexy. I can't lie."

"I guess you are."

"Mhm?"

"Mhm."

"So... no feelings. You just get extremely horny when you're around me?" She asks, moving one of my curls out of my face slightly.

"I wouldn't say extremely." I raise a brow. "But yeah. No feelings. I don't do feelings. At all."

"That's great. Because neither do I." She says, playing with the rings on my fingers.

"You've still got the ring I gave you on." I point out and she looks down at it with a smile, before looking at my hands.

"So have you." She smiles. "I like it. It's cute."

"You're cute."

"Huh? What was that Mattheo Riddle?" She gasps, holding my face with both of her hands.

"Um... nothing. I never said anything." I shrug, gazing at those sparkling eyes of hers.

God, she's fucking mesmerising.

"Okay. Give me your pinky." She says out of no where, holding her pinky finger out.

"Why?" I ask in confusion.

"Pinky promise to me that you're never going to switch up? You're never going to get mad at me... or give up on me or whatever?" She says, looking at me worriedly.

"As much as I dislike you Lopez... I wouldn't ever do that. You're one of us now." I say, trying my best to give her a reassuring smile.

"You being serious?" She asks.

"Layla... what made you so concerned about this all of a sudden?" I ask her, trying to read her face but then it suddenly hits me. "No need to answer that. I know exactly what." I sigh.

"Do tell."

"You think I'm going to end up like Ryle... don't you?" I ask her and her eyebrows furrow.

"Mhm." She nods her head, looking down at our pinky fingers that are still locked together.

"Well I pinky promise that you'll never ever have to worry about facing a toxic bitch like him again. Okay?" I say to her. "I'm not like Ryle, Layla. You know who I am."

"That's exactly what scares me."