34

Levi often found himself daydreaming on his work table whenever he felt sleepy.

It started getting mildly irritating when only one person kept recurring in his thoughts.

That damn woman, Y/N Destiny.

You were easily the longest friend Levi has had. A friendship of as long as 11 years and still running often shocked Levi, but he knew the only reason the both of you were friends was because of you. Levi kept on getting pestered by you everyday to the point it felt weird when you hadn't come to annoy him.

  Levi sometimes wondered himself why you even got closer to him since he was very well aware of his shitty attitude towards everyone. Keeping aside the memories of the Underground, you were the main character of his life ever since he came to the surface.

  You were there since day 1, besides Erwin but he didn't count him since his friendship with him built later on. You'd connected with his family, Isabel and Farlan, and got close to them that Levi had no choice but to share a part of him with you too.

  After their deaths, Levi found himself in a weird pit of depression. He felt sad and exhausted, but at the same he felt nothing and kept on moving blindly forward. It was you who got him out of that pit, and you who slowly healed him with every passing day.

  Everytime he fell, you were there to notice his fall and support him by his side until he could walk again. Levi knew that he never portrayed his sensitive emotions much, but for some reason, you always knew what was happening with him.

And with each passing year, you kept on getting closer and closer to him.

And eventually, Levi cared for you in a special manner.

  For Levi, he had a few key memories about you that clearly explained the feelings he had for you.

  The first one being right after the death of his friends, when he was all lonely in the Corps, you had approached to him. He had distanced himself from everyone, keeping to himself and making him busy. His nights became even more sleepless, and he was getting up at 5 every morning.

  But one morning, you came to him and had breakfast with him. He knew that you were a late riser, but here you were, beside him at the crack of dawn. You later offered him to clean the boy's dorm with him, and for the first time in Levi's life he felt the eary butterflies in his stomach. It had become a habit from then on and grown to the point that they went to Shadis to get permission and clean the girls' dorm too.

  His second key memory was a few years later in his time in the military. You were a member of Erwin's squad at the start, but when he became the commander, he promoted you to become a Squad Leader under Mike's division. When you were sent on your 37th or something expedition, Levi's squad was at the most left while yours was at the most right.

Throughout the journey till your recon station, Levi was very worried about you.

  He was aware that it was your first expedition as a Squad Leader, which meant you were alone responsible for 5 people. Not only that, he didn't fail to notice the wave of red flares coming from your side. Ofcourse he couldn't abandon his post and come rescue you, so he kept praying that you were alive.

  In your recon station, Levi walked around briskly, trying to find a certain woman. As he pushed people around, he found you sitting on a crate with your squad around you, eating the simple rations you were provided.

He could feel himself sighing in relief.

"Levi!" You had excitedly called him over and Levi(he may not show) happily walked up to your side.